1930 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondo bandedo

Found a new project over the weekend really dont need anymore but it was too cool to pass up.It was originally a car that was cut down into a truck during the war to get the fuel tax stamp that is still on the window.He put a bed from a horse drawn wagon on it and that was his truck.It sat in a barn from 1956 till yesterday unchanged.I know lots of you guys will not like this but if i keep it i may go s 10 frame and run it with the fenders and hood.Tell me what you think either way.Thanks

Attachments

• 30 chevy 010.jpg
    30 chevy 010.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 64
  • 30 chevy 001.jpg
    30 chevy 001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 30 chevy 003.jpg
    30 chevy 003.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 70
Great find. Don't see many old chevy trucks? in that condition, they did a good job converting it to a truck. Probably won't fit on a wide S10 frame.

I saw that too. I thought that bed was interesting. Not enough Chevy trucks out right now. They're tough with all that wood. Good luck with that.

I would love to find an old chevy myself , It looks like you've got enough there without having to go the s-10 route maybe just do a mII front if you're looking for IFS

the reason i was thinking to use a s10 frame was to have a more sturdy frame im not sure how strong the factory frames were on these but im thinking to put another straight six in it and just make some changes to get it road worthy and safe.

Man--thats got some 'personality'... It's almost is a museum piece--Grapes of Wrath thing..

Sweet find..

PA41

will do when i get started looked it over good today need to find the wood kit for the interior it is shot making the doors sag and all lots of people making them for the Fords but not too many for the Chevys.thanks for the comments and any ideas are appreciated.Thanks

+1 for a straight six, it'll be nice to see the ole girl running, great potential really a nice start for a project.

Regards,

Rev. D.

Latest posts

Back