1930 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twisted Minis

I'm really not sure on terminology, so I'm not going to try to put it into a category. I'm, just going to build it the way I want to. I've been collecting parts for a while, and as soon as I get the cop car out of the shop I will have enough room to build my frame and get started. So, here's what I have for it right now.

I picked up the cowl and VIN plate. Im looking for doors so I don't have to make them.
P1010374copy.jpg

I found a complete front end with 4 wheels and tires on craigslist. I know red wheels and whitewalls. They will probably end up black or graphite.
P1010487copy.jpg

P1010485copy.jpg

P1010484copy.jpg

I have a drop axle, and some Super Bell steering stuffed under a shelf where I can't grab pictures.

Got a Ford 9" from a Versailles for free. Guy said he just wanted to see what I did with it. Going to swap the discs to my friend for his drums probably, and I may narrow it because its pretty wide at 63".
8152008124147AM5871.jpg

I bought a 39 Chevy dash because I thought it looked cool. Not sure if I will use it or not, but its at least cool to hang on the wall.
12228232280.jpg

Wide 5 wheel adapters for the back.
12228232281.jpg

My friend was building a 48 Jeep as a crawler, and decided to part it out instead. I got these re-popped WWII Jeep seats off of him, brand new.
12228233812.jpg

I found a couple of 94s to use.
12228234401.jpg

Throttle linkage, motor mount bushings, headlights..
12228234402.jpg

12228234820.jpg

12228234821.jpg

I have a 72 Chevy inline 250 for it, and a TH350. I got them from the guy with the Jeep. He pulled them out for a big block. So I got some started on a lakes header for it this morning.
%5Cuploads%5COwnerProfiles%5CTwistedMinis%5C1018200873924PM72361.jpg

%5Cuploads%5COwnerProfiles%5CTwistedMinis%5C1018200874118PM75701.jpg

Also got some chromoly rod ends for the 4-link and the wishbones.
%5Cuploads%5COwnerProfiles%5CTwistedMinis%5C1018200873857PM35991.jpg

Thats it right now, but I should be started on a frame in a few weeks.

Wow!!!

Twisted,
Wow... looks like u got it goin' on & good luck findin' doors! Can't wait to see the progress... please keep s in da loop!

BoB

When your looking for doors, include the truck doors in your search. they were the same as the passenger cowl you have.

Ron

Yo Seth. What's going on? I didn't know you were building a rod. That's cool. I know your skills so I am definitely gonna keep an eye on this build.

What kind of frame are you gonna build?

Oakland doors will fit , I used them on my `32 pickup , probably wont help you much as they are as hard to find as chevy doors , but you might check other GM doors to see if they might work.

defiantly gonna follow this build. I have watched many of your builds over at s-10forum so I'm sure this will be one nice rod with your fabrication skills.

Yo Seth. What's going on? I didn't know you were building a rod. That's cool. I know your skills so I am definitely gonna keep an eye on this build.

What kind of frame are you gonna build?

Yeah remember when I said I was going to be driving a roadster next year? Lol.

As for the frame, it will be pretty standard looking I guess. I have some 2x3 and 2x4 for the main rails, and will probably run some tube in the center for crossmembers. I want to run a Satchell link out back to match the low roll center of the front.

Yeah remember when I said I was going to be driving a roadster next year? Lol.

As for the frame, it will be pretty standard looking I guess. I have some 2x3 and 2x4 for the main rails, and will probably run some tube in the center for crossmembers. I want to run a Satchell link out back to match the low roll center of the front.

haha...... I figured you were gonna cut the roof off of Frank.. lol.. Sounds like you got this thing planned pretty good so I'll be sure to keep watching this build.

Latest posts

Back