1930 Model A Sedan Project Pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Strunk

Banned
Well, here are the pictures of my model A sedan I just purchased and picked up a couple of months ago. It was fun hunting for it and finding it in such great condition. I have big plans for it!

Thanks,
Shawn

Attachments

• Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 016.jpg
    Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 016.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 017.jpg
    Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 017.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 018.jpg
    Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 018.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 67
  • Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 020.jpg
    Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 020.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 021.jpg
    Cut Bank Model A 11-10-11 021.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 66
Dude, that is beautiful and in great shape IMO! I'd love to snag one like that any day! Congrats and keep us posted! [cl

Beercan

You did find it in great condition, so I would think long and hard before getting too radical with it. Full fendered tudors can be VERY mean looking and cool when set up right. Submitted for your approval...

attachment.php

Yes I know it's a Deuce, but you get the idea. Easy to find a clapped out body and hack it up for fun, but it's cool to see someone make something that can really stand apart from the crowd. You have a really good start for something like that. I know you are green, but think about it long and hard before you start doing irreversible damage to that car. Maybe even set it aside and find yourself a little rougher body to start with for a first project. Have fun with it, and move on to this. It is pretty much guaranteed your tastes will change with experience and it would be a shame to look back on this car with regret. And you were definitely right - the hunt is fun! Stow this one away and hunt for something not as painful for a newbie to cut up... :)

That place looks like the FIELD OF DREAMS ! [cl You guys in the midwest and west are going to go to a very hot place when you pass on, for teasing us poor unfortunates who don't have this kind of stuff laying around. :eek:

Nice find.

Don

BED, hit this one on the ole bean ;)
We all say we're saving old tin every day then, we chop the tops, narrow, section, suicide, change it to our tastes (which is all fine) and one like this pops up :eek: it seriously needs to be done in the fashion BED posted [P
Ultimately it's your choice, have fun :cool:

I can't believe I just said that, see even my taste can change in certain situations :eek:

very nice.. looks like there are some other nice projects in the background of your pics...

More Pics Please

Full fendered tudors can be VERY mean looking and cool when set up right. Submitted for your approval...

attachment.php

Do you have any more pics of this car you could send me? You do have me thinking. I sent you a message if you could check it out.

Thanks,
Shawn

Slap some 22's on that bad boy and some low profile tires - rubber bands as they're called - and then you'd really have it going on ;)

This is one of my "I'm gonna build one of those someday" favorites (maybe a little less chop.)

IMGP7003.jpg

This is a real cool one too. Stock body with some serious work done underneath. Almost Model A Tudor Gasser. Yours would look great like that with that patina.

Wish I had taken more pics of it.
IMGP2799.jpg

Sam that first one you posted up I have been procrastinating putting in this thread... So thank you... I also want to build one of those some day... And drive around with a fadora on, and feel like a gangster!

You did find it in great condition, so I would think long and hard before getting too radical with it. Full fendered tudors can be VERY mean looking and cool when set up right. Submitted for your approval...

attachment.php

Yes I know it's a Deuce, but you get the idea. Easy to find a clapped out body and hack it up for fun, but it's cool to see someone make something that can really stand apart from the crowd. You have a really good start for something like that. I know you are green, but think about it long and hard before you start doing irreversible damage to that car. Maybe even set it aside and find yourself a little rougher body to start with for a first project. Have fun with it, and move on to this. It is pretty much guaranteed your tastes will change with experience and it would be a shame to look back on this car with regret. And you were definitely right - the hunt is fun! Stow this one away and hunt for something not as painful for a newbie to cut up... :)

Sage words, right there.[cl Clean oldies should be visually preserved like this beautiful Deuce, not cut up.

I had a discussion with a good friend several years ago... He told me he'd always wanted a '34 Ford 5-window with fenders and a stock roof. I asked "Why?" and he replied "EVERYBODY chops 'em. I want to be DIFFERENT.":D

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back