1930 Tudor; before and mid pic's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albertaguy

Slowly but surely it's beginning to resemble not so much a pile of parts, but almost a scrappy pile which could become a Rat rod.
Before...

010.jpg

I don't know who built the homemade frame it had under it; but it hurts your eye's
015.jpg

But it worked to roll the body around til the original ' A' frame got some boxing done to it.
The operating table...
012.jpg

No really, it is a sawed down operating table. It was a freebie I acquired for helping clean out a machine shop. Pretty cool actually; heavy and strong; wheels under it, raises like a barber chair, tilts, a crank-out drawer on the end. Genius actually.
But back to the meat of it.
Just set the body on til I could get the motor and tranny swung into place.
413 4V and 727 torqueflite.
029.jpg

The 4 " drop axle made it so low I had to block up the tires so I could get the engine crane under it. Mercury truck spindles and brakes with a Posies Super slider spring custom made for a narrow '37-41 ford axle.
031.jpg

I'm going to cut and recess the firewall for engine clearance.
Probably 'Z' the frame in the rear and go with a leaf springs setup; axle over for the Dana 41 ( 4.27:1 yikes, too low, but kinda the only option at this point)
Steering, well I've got a 48 F-48 mercury truck column and box. But I'm going to need time to get to it now.
Oilpatch... it's time or money; and I'm out of time 'cause I'm out of money.
So it'll be a while before I get home to take fresh pic's
Thanks for looking
AB guy

Latest posts

Back