1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you skipped bobs question.. I truly hope you keep it... or if u do decide to part with it.. you sell it to me CHEEP! haha

Uuuuhhh, I didn't skip it, I was avoiding it...:eek::rolleyes:. I just can't keep 'em all and a good friend is breathing down my neck for it. I will get some cruising in on it though.

More pieces put together in the last couple days, rear fenders, running boards, bumper, tail lights. I only had 2 good ones of the little cat's eyes for the tail light mounts, so I subbed in a couple blue dots. Also got the windows in the doors and finished putting on the door handles, garnish mouldings too.
I sprayed on bedliner on the running boards - I don't know of anyone that makes repro rubbers for custom made running boards - plus the bedliner is durable and you can always recoat it.

Attachments

• sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 126
  • sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 112
  • sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 007.jpg
    sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 007.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 109
  • sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 008.jpg
    sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 008.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 116
  • sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 011.jpg
    sep 5 2012 34 cadillac 011.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 133
Let us know when the do the magazine shoot. ;) I will make sure to pick up a few copies... although this thread is better and more complete than any article could be.

"There's no accounting for taste." - unknown

"BLACK. Color code - BLACK." - Blue Eyed Devil

Side note:

THIS is the only KB that matters. :D

kblogo.gif

Last edited:
Whoops, sorry ..... Guess I'm a typical guy thinking it's all guys looking at this stuff. Keep an eye on ebay, old headlights of this style come up pretty often - I found my missing tail light on ebay.

ya, I've been watching ebay for a year. Only ones I see are the ones that aren't nearly as deep (only like 9'' deep compared to 12'' deep that we want)

Yep, looks that way - no warning - POOF!, vaporized... :confused:[S:mad: Almost 80,000 views, but somebody didn't like it I guess......

It was moved to the off-topic Garage section.

I never knew there was such a section. Seems you have to join a user group to be able to view it.

It was moved to the off-topic Garage section.

I never knew there was such a section. Seems you have to join a user group to be able to view it.

Me neither - I'm not going to join some exclusive group just to view or post to my thread there anymore. My punishment for going to far and painting it ....:(
Hopefully that doesn't happen here, I enjoy interacting with other users here - I just can't help myself on this one, I had to take it to this level. My apologies to those that don't think it belongs here --- I promise my next build won't get shiny paint !

On a brighter note, today I went for a first drive to the gas station and put on a couple miles in the neighborhood, love the smell of fresh paint curing (baking) on the drivetrain. No major issues so far, it drives really nice, still have to chase down some air leaks, other little jobs to do - also have polish out the hood, assemble and install it. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Car looks great. As for the other site,,,,,, i'm starting to like this site much better anyway. Seems the right amount of "law and order". Enough to keep control, but not so much you feel on lockdown. :cool:

ZZ,

I gave up on the other site long ago, so I'm glad you're here. I have really enjoyed and been inspired by your build.

I'm starting on my grille and all I can think about is how good yours looks, I may have to borrow your idea.

ZZ I think it was the wheel choice that drove the last nail over there. And no apology needed over here! the car, your skills and eye for the right lines is just fine with us! Even if you do build Off Topic golf carts![cl

Thanks again everyone for the support....:) I don't like to slag the other guys, I get it that they want to preserve their 'build ethics' but the fact is if I'd simply painted it flat black, I'm sure it would still be there - kind of a trivial thing to me, I like anything with spark plugs and wheels....... oh well.
That's why I like this site, just about anything goes and people don't jump all over you for bending the rules.

So here's some today pics, got in some more test and tune driving, still much fiddling to do, hopefully get the hood on tomorrow.

Attachments

• sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 015.jpg
    sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 015.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 118
  • sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 017.jpg
    sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 017.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 113
  • sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 019.jpg
    sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 019.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 113
  • sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 021.jpg
    sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 021.jpg