1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchie, I would be grossed out if someone sat in my car going 'tiddley, tiddley, tiddley' like a four cylinder. Just writing this makes me think, I might have to go a lie on the couch for a while.

Today I finished up rebuilding my John Deere AR starter and then worked on a couple of other guys projects; a '04 Ford one ton and a '68 Dodge truck that is nearing completion.
I have been trying to come up with a bellhousing crossmember idea so this is my dream partly welded up. I still have to make a mounting bracket for the far side and then two short pedestals to reach up to the bellhousing feet.

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpg
    IMG_1453.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 16
Does any body ever sit in there car and make 4 banger noises???[ddd
Torchie
Ya'll please excuse my immediate off the wall mental picture....Jerry Lee Lewis' "Great Balls of Fire" versus Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe Through the Tulips"...:D

Keep on keepin on Mac!

E-man, I didn't even know that those cool little smiley faces had a name, and all of the unique, over the top emoticons are not in my repertoire, so I always assumed you hotrodded the store-bought ones. Keep up the good work so I can get one once in a while. Thank you.
Sgt., I just tell the people that do catch me that I'm checking pedal height, steering wheel position and gearshift knob throw. Everybody nods their heads as if they believe me.
Amongst all of the playing with grandkids, helping other people with their projects, wasting time, fiddling around and twiddling my thumbs, I did get a little more done on my bellhousing crossmember. [;)

The other day I bought a cordless angle grinder and today I tried it out. Way out in my storage shed I needed to cut off a bolt in a John Deere carburetor so when I was done with that I went over to my '33 Plymouth sedan parts car and cut off a couple of screws that I couldn't get to turn with a screwdriver. The batteries that came with the grinder were not charged up and I hadn't done anything with them yet so I took a battery that is for my cordless drill and it worked but it was pretty tired. Anyhow I got the job done, just, and brought a carburetor and a windshield frame up to the shop, to work on.
I also worked on my bellhousing crossmember. It's coming along nicely now.

Attachments

• IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 30
POPS, the blame falls on your shoulders for my lack of solid progress this week-end. Because you cut a beautiful and unique tin sign for the end-gate of your Dodge pick-up, I had to follow your lead. I had met a guy at a fair a few weeks ago who laser-cut tin so I ordered my own unique sign. Yesterday I drove to that guys next trade fair in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and picked up my tail-gate sign for a 1934 Dodge Brothers truck.

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 33
POPS, the blame falls on your shoulders for my lack of solid progress this week-end. Because you cut a beautiful and unique tin sign for the end-gate of your Dodge pick-up, I had to follow your lead. I had met a guy at a fair a few weeks ago who laser-cut tin so I ordered my own unique sign. Yesterday I drove to that guys next trade fair in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and picked up my tail-gate sign for a 1934 Dodge Brothers truck.

Pop's going to leave his mark on a few things around here [cl
Kinda like an old lab i had a while back :rolleyes:

Like an Old Lab?? Pops...you old DOG!!! :D

No wonder my ears are burning.
I don't know about the dog reference tho.
You guys just keep talking about me like I'm not even here.
I like to help out whenever I can MercuryMac that looks sweet.

POPS, I was pretty proud of the way you left your mark on my truck, but then I got thinkin' of an old lab leavin' his mark on everything, and sheesh, now I don't think I'll put the intertwined DB on my valve covers, doors, hubcaps, and grille.

Thanks for the idea, POPS. [cl[cl

I've been on a road trip last week and picked up some parts. The guy that sold me the coupe had a '34 sedan that I could get parts off and my '33 Plymouth is different in places so I got a '34 upper dash and cowl vent from his sedan. Then a way down in British Columbia I stumbled onto a swapmeet in a private museum and got a few jewels,---like this four barrel intake for a 354 Hemi.

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg