1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grill is looking great! It really looks right being behind the axle and straight up. I’m in the middle of lowering mine as well, lots of work but will be worth it in the end.

Really like the shaft support on the steering, and that brake like is awesome. :D

Grill is looking great! It really looks right being behind the axle and straight up. I’m in the middle of lowering mine as well, lots of work but will be worth it in the end.

Really like the shaft support on the steering, and that brake like is awesome. :D

I haven't seen a finer lookin' truck for as long as I can remember. It has a great overall appearance so far.

Thanks guys, I really need to step it up and get it done... hard to find the time but Im sure you guys all go through that too!

Just read through the whole build, took me a bit, but all I gotta say is wow! Great work, when I originally started getting into this rat rod stuff I had envisioned something like you are doing, except use an old IH cab and Cummins 6bt or 4bt, but I don't have near the skills or tools as you have, that would probably be over the top for me, so probably do a kit like I had posted in the I have an idea thread. Anyways, keep up the great work, it's looking awesome, and before you know it you'll have it on the road.

Mac.

This truck is just so cool. When I started my truck I had an idea of what I wanted to do with unlimited money. Of course that never happened and I am happy with my truck. The next time we talk remind me about my project idea...

Anyway, take courage in the fact that have made all the right choices so far. Besides it is only metal and it can be fixed....

jim

Mac... thanks man... this project was probably too much for me... being my first one but I just try to chip away at it little by little.. but there is nothing wrong with building a kit

Jim... Unlimited money.. your a funny guy.. I honestly haven't spent all that much.. besides overpaying for the truck itself... (1300) + second cab shell 300... But I do still need to get the rest of the air suspension stuff.. and the tires.. thats going to be the major purchase...

Little bit of progress... i did a bit more reshaping on the grill shell... then took the truck back off the jack stands to see how my grill shell clearance will work out when the truck was aired out.. It clears at full stock grill shell height but it is very close got maybe a 1/2 to the peak when it is laying frame... dont know if I am going to shorten it or not...

Thats my pops sitting there pondering... "hummm will this thing ever be done?" just kidding he enjoys working on it with me..
efc5caf8.jpg

Then mounted the 3rd brake light..
0d5947f8.jpg

You can see in this one my shock mocked up.. going to be trickier than I anticipated...

3cbd4039.jpg

Thanks guys...!

Little bit of progress, Got the rear shocks in.. Turned out to be alot more work than I planed on... Dont know why I keep lying to myself saying things will be quick and simple.. Anyway, I think I could have gotten away with shorter shocks maybe an inch, but thats ok, These were cheep they are take offs from a Tahoe, got them for $36 Shipped! Cut the plastic dust sleeves off and the retaining cup at the top

I think I will tie the two hoops together with something cosmetically interesting at some point

Aired UP
500f4f69.jpg

And down
3f67d0cb.jpg

shot of the lower brackets
79a3bc72.jpg

And just for fun, here is a shot of her laid out, the point of the grill is about 1/2" from the ground, havent decided if I am going to shorten it
545c5a2f.jpg

Nicely done!! Not a lotta space to squeeze them in, I have that same problem with things taking 5 times longer than predicted to fab, 1/3 of that time spent brainstorming the design..[P

Great work. Really dig the look of this truck, the stance with that big grill and semi wheel. Really cool. Nice job. I will be watching you have me hooked.

Nicely done!! Not a lotta space to squeeze them in, I have that same problem with things taking 5 times longer than predicted to fab, 1/3 of that time spent brainstorming the design..[P

Its crazy how tricky it can be to get everything to fit and look half way decent... I almost got lazy on my brackets and didnt make them "swoopy" but I couldnt bring myself to get lazy

this is probably my most favorite build on this site. not that the others ones aren't good this one just takes the cake

Thanks man!

Great work. Really dig the look of this truck, the stance with that big grill and semi wheel. Really cool. Nice job. I will be watching you have me hooked.

Thanks man, the grill is stock, and the wheels are 1.5 ton truck wheels, they are quite a bit smaller then semi truck wheels and tires would be.. my rears are about 35" tall on 20" rims... Semi wheels would be 22.5 and closer to 38-40" tall and quite a bit wider

give me the diamentions across your rear shock brackets and I will cut you out a brace. maybe put CORPO or CORPO CRAWLER in it! it would be plasma CNC not water or laser CNC[cl

Or just a set of lightening holes as it looks to short to fit it in there

looks awsome corpo. your shock brackets look great. i have long shocks also. i found them to be stiff with them tilted at 30*. i pushed them out more and the ride has softened up. i would suggest you might add a set of holes inbetween your existing upper shock mounts just incase it rides to rough. you would have the ability to adjust your ride.

just my 2 cents

Great lookin truck, Corpo. Very unique. I would love to run duals on my COE but I don't have the patience to make em. I can't find any that will fit 5 X 5.5 Ford pattern. Anyway.....killer truck! Stay focused and it'll be done soon.

Latest posts

Back