1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, the grill is stock, and the wheels are 1.5 ton truck wheels, they are quite a bit smaller then semi truck wheels and tires would be.. my rears are about 35" tall on 20" rims... Semi wheels would be 22.5 and closer to 38-40" tall and quite a bit wider

Well the still look nice. HA

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

give me the diamentions across your rear shock brackets and I will cut you out a brace. maybe put CORPO or CORPO CRAWLER in it! it would be plasma CNC not water or laser CNC[cl

Or just a set of lightening holes as it looks to short to fit it in there

Not a lot of space its only about 5 5/8" between the tubes (shortest distance) because I chose to lean them in to match the angle of the shocks when its laid out...

looks awsome corpo. your shock brackets look great. i have long shocks also. i found them to be stiff with them tilted at 30*. i pushed them out more and the ride has softened up. i would suggest you might add a set of holes inbetween your existing upper shock mounts just incase it rides to rough. you would have the ability to adjust your ride.

just my 2 cents

There acually is a second hole there.. its just a smaller "speed" hole but if I were to need it I could easily open it up.. But I am actually trying to get the ride as stiff as I can so I dont have to run as much pressure in the bags... at least thats the plan anyway.. thanks for your suggestion!

Great lookin truck, Corpo. Very unique. I would love to run duals on my COE but I don't have the patience to make em. I can't find any that will fit 5 X 5.5 Ford pattern. Anyway.....killer truck! Stay focused and it'll be done soon.

Thanks man, just cause you cant match the old pattern doesnt mean you cant run duals.. you could run a rear axle from a modern pick up.. I think that could be a pretty simple swap on your van chassis

little by little...

It was quite hot this weekend so my pops through an old window unit in the garage... ahhhhh air conditioned garage..

Finally got around to mounting the radiator... cut off the majority of the brackets and mounted it how I thought was best. There is a cradle on the bottom that is lined with rubber that will carry the weight and the sides are mounted through some rubber grommets so that the whole radiator is isolated.

I also did a bunch of other odds and ends but didnt take any pictures.. I re installed the drip rails and installed some tail lights (not wired yet of course) Installed the mesh into the grill shell.. Ill have to snag some more pictures when i have a chance..

8701a3dd.jpg

Heres the side mounts... made some tabs off the hoop with some weld nuts.. the bends were some random scraps I had... worked well for this
09698dbc.jpg

I like the detail of the front frame as it follows the contour of the front axle![P

You mean the radiused corners? That is required for the grill shell to tuck up in there... I'm still sorting out a few clearance issues

few more odds and ends....

Heres how I reinstalled the drip rails, I didn't want to weld them back on..
de1fedac.jpg

Tail lights recessed into the pockets.. the pair of tail lights cost me a whoppin 6 bucks at an antique store..
54b71db9.jpg

Shortened the old school mechanical fuel gauge and got it installed... I think I may need to shorten it a bit more which kinda stinks cause it was kinda tricky to shorten.... oh well
fa27363f.jpg

I like to use as much as I can from the original truck, so I re purposed the original hood latch/handles and put them on the tailgate
375e6480.jpg

It feels good to put parts on even if I know it all has to be broken down one more time

Just a suggestion.....where are you going to mount your license plate and light ?....here what I did with a 39 ford light....came with my bed....

Attachments

• DSCN0914.JPG
    DSCN0914.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 85
Great progress and wonderful workmanship. Still of my favorite builds on here of all time.

Like the tailgate latches. Never seen that done before.

thanks truckster.. I thought the handles would be kinda fun on the tail gate....

Update

This is how I am going to trim the bottom of the bed to transition between the cab and the bed and conceal the bottom of the frame... bonus points for identifying where the swoopy body line came from
517baa39.jpg

Front shocks... there was no simple solution Sometimes I think I need a shop chaperon to tell me NO thats too complicated.. haha anyway..

built this angular piece that is at the same angle as the grill shell mesh...
b5e45c5d.jpg

I had to rework my axle brackets a bit which I wasn't thrilled about, but I cut into them anyway.... you can kinda see how I mounted them..

I mounted through the mesh.. i wanted to try and make the mounts as minimal as possible, I may reduce the size of the plates still
9c13cd47.jpg

heres aired down...
80836a1a.jpg

I am going to triangulate a piece to support the hoop structure then it should be really sturdy

That radiator shell looks a lot like the one I have - except mine has the bottom cut off - do you know what it came from?

No extra points for me -where did the swoopy thing come from?

Latest posts

Back