1936 ford P/U unibody build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windshield post... post

got cutting on the post today The dots where the intended cuts

121_0153.jpg

Slightly modified

121_0156.jpg

In a earlier post I showed the piece of 18 gauge rosette welded in. This helped with the alignment and some strength.

121_0162.jpg

The turnbuckle helped pull it all together

121_0158.jpg

windshield post ...Post ...Continued

Took some 18 gauge to add some strength. tacked it to a piece of tig wire to get it in place.

121_0164.jpg

121_0166.jpg

Top view of alignment.

121_0168.jpg

the 'inspector" says it looks OK.

121_0177.jpg

121_0183.jpg

windshield post

just a little side note when you get into an area that is a leaded joint make sure you get all the lead out of where you intend to weld as it will cause great problems in getting a good weld. The lead was located at the top of the cuts.

121_0178.jpg

A SPECIAL thanks to Dan (the truant) for the help with the windshield post!

121_0184.jpg

WORDS TO LIVE BY I KNOW I DO

121_0185.jpg

Thought I was registered here...guess not...anyways, I am now. :cool: Looks like it welded up fairly nice....now on to the next side :)

update

finished up the right side and started filling the area across the top of the cowl

121_0188.jpg

121_0194.jpg

Dash installation

The Chevy dash got the nod. Dan, the truant stopped by and helped out with the installation.`Great job Dan.

121_0223.jpg

121_0233.jpg

The next trick up the the sleeve is to figure out how to incorporate cowl steering (would like to use a reversed covair box) and a hanging brake pedal.
going to be running an automatic in this truck so only need to get one pedal up in the same area. Does anyone have any pix of that combo? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance, Clipper.

Great looking truck and killer skills. I can hardly wait to see more progress! Dash looks great. How`re you gonna be for leg room?

Very Nice !!!

Very nice work and some really great tips.... :cool:
Thanks for sharing with us, looking forward to seeing more... '22

Latest posts

Back