1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not the way I would do that, not even close.
I'd have hammer marks all over it with a few ripples and semi sharp
edges that aren't parallel.
But I'm still learning.
Your car is quite possibly the best build I've had the pleasure of watching.
Awesome job.

Say no to crack

Thanks for the comps fellas, but not everything is a rosy as it seems.... :(
Had the hood skin on and off a zillion times today fine tuning the fit to the cowl and grille shell, also working out rubber spacers between the skin and frame to keep the shape right, playing with rubber stripping at the cowl and grille too, in final assembly I'll use rubber bump stops and proper cowl lacing.
So then I put on the hood sides and discovered the excessive gap between the hood and sides - worse on the passenger side. I was figuring on a 1/4" gap but it's more than that, 3/8" on the passenger side..:mad: bummer...
Right now, just 2 tack welds hold the skin to the frame so off it comes again, have to hammer both sides flat again and redo the bends, maybe measure it right this time....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC00121.jpg
    DSC00121.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC00123.jpg
    DSC00123.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC00127 a.jpg
    DSC00127 a.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00128 a.jpg
    DSC00128 a.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 94
It would be kinda fun to see this car with a "proper restoration" style paint job ...kinda like it rolled out of Packard looking like this. :)

I didn't think u could top the caddy... But I'm thinking u did... Bravo sir ... Bravo

Here's a good before and after (wheels in the before were the fronts for the last golf cart). Really shows the effect of the chop section and front end stretch.

Attachments

• may 5 2013 36 packard 004.jpg
    may 5 2013 36 packard 004.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00142.jpg
    DSC00142.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 77

Latest posts

Back