1937 Ford pickup.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tvagtst

Currently building a 37' Ford pickup rat rod. As we go through the build, we have built a custom grille that imitates a model A, the radiator is out of a 58' Chevy pickup, for the steering, we went with a rack-in-pinion setup that came out of a firebird. We had to machine the rack down in order for it to fit the frame. The steering column is out of the GMC s15 that we used for the frame, we had shortened the column about 18in to fit. For the motor, we used a stock Chevy 350 out of an old breadbox van, and the tranny is a th-700r4 out of a Camaro with the lock-up converter setup. The sifter we used is the lever and lock off of an old garden harrow. the gauges are surrounded by polished aluminum as well as the glove box. The seat is a bench seat out of my 75' Plymouth Trailduster. With the brakes, the booster and master cylinder is out of the GMC truck, it sits under the seat pan. The brake pedal and lever is all custom build to fit. The drive shaft was out of an old Chevy Astro van that we had shortened. The rear end is out of the GMC. the battery sits in the bed when is encased by and old stove top cabinet that also works as a toolbox. The gas tanks are made out of two jerry cans that we connected together and allows for ten gallons of gas. They are resest into the bed and stick out to where you can will them up. the floor is old privacy wood fence post that match the look of the truck perfectly. The bed itself is a 40-50 style Chevy that we shortened and shrunk to fit the frame, as well as lowered it all the way down, an inch off the rails to give it the slammed look. We kept the Chevy tailgate as well, its made to look operational but it is welded shut. the cab itself is a 37 Ford, only two years of our style was made. In 36 it had two bumps that rapped around the cab, in 37 is was two that moved into three on the back of the cab. the frame is slammed to the ground leaving about 6in. and the floor in the can is raised to lower the cab just above the bottom of the frame. We started the build back in August. We are already driving the truck, and we have to get all the finishing touches done by May 6 for my senior project presentation. As a senior in High School, with help of my gpa and my best friend, we have built a rat rod in less than a year... thats pretty amazing for two of us olny being 18...[;)

cool

sounds like a cool build,

Pics please, from the start if you have them. [P[P[P

you will like it a lot better than a ricer.

l & several friends been into hot rods since we could walk, good to see the younger generation carrying the torch into the future[cl

Later:cool:

If you go to YouTube go to my channel, we have a few videos of the build. My channel is called "V-type garage" my profile pic is a image of another 37 rat and the back cover photo is the american flag. Please look it up and subscribe is you wan!!!

Latest posts

Back