1937 GMC 1/2 ton movin' on in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

some_stephen

Hello from California. I just picked up this 37' GMC 1/2 ton pickup last weekend and plan on building up a nice rat rod pickup. It came with 2 engines, 3 rear ends, 1 front end, solid fenders, 2 hoods (1 gmc & 1 chevy), emblems, nos grill teeth and much much more so be on the lookout in the Parts For Sale classifieds. That falthead oldsmobile 238 runs so I plan on using that. Will start a build thread soon, lookin' forward to seeing everyone's rides.

Attachments

• 37gmc.jpg
    37gmc.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 35
welcome

sounds like a cool build, other than the motor, what's the plan for the rest of her:confused:

we need a build thread and a lot of pics.[P

make sure ya got 25 posts before ya put stuff up for sale or the mod will be unhappy:D

Later :cool:

Hello, Some

Welcome to RRR............ You didn't say which way you were going to go RAT or ??? nice find though !! go check out my build thread on my 37 ...

Thanks guys! It came with a complete functional powertrain off a 47' oldsmobile so I hope to run that. Although I do have a 35' ford front end that I could possibly use as well. The seller also had a duplicate frame so I'm in the process of stripping everything off so I can send it out to get it sand blasted and get a rolling chassis going. Plan on channeling it a few inches to hide the frame, zee it, chop it. I have some 35' ford wire wheels I want to use as well. Currently looking for a bed because it didn't come with one. I did have one quick question, a friend mentioned that the truck frames were stronger so there isn't a real need to box em'; is this somewhat true or just BS?

Welcome to the board. Really cool to use that Olds flatmotor. [cl Truck frames are stronger and this motor while fairly heavy, it's not likely you will be doing wheelstands. While you have the bare frame it would not hurt to just look it over and add some simple bracing where it could do some good.

Welcome some_ to RRR from northern Alberta. You have a great beginning. I don't know if the frames are stronger in trucks, but I do know that trucks of yesteryear hauled the dangdest things and heavy loads with chains on quite a bit and the frames took a beating. Check your frame all over for cracks.
You have a great start, so now you have to take lots of pictures of the build and show them to us, because we will enjoy the viewing.:D
Keep on tinkering.

Latest posts

Back