1938 Nash Ambassador supersix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExpenseSpared

Hello, this is going to be my build thread. Just starting to get parts together and the car isnt even in the garage yet. So slow for now but at least i could get something on here.

1938 Nash Ambassador SuperSix. Has a 283 in place, 700r4 to go in, hopefully floor shift, Car is in good shape so I am not going to chop it up real bad. Hase an s-10 front clip under it now and we shall see from here.

Input is appreciated. thanx

Attachments

• 1938 nash 2.jpg
    1938 nash 2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 1938 nash 1.jpg
    1938 nash 1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 1938 Nash.jpg
    1938 Nash.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 39
I'm not going to chop this car. the frame was cut up already and the rest of the car is so good I dont want to destroy it. The parts alone are hard to find and when I move on to another project, it would be nice to part it out to people doing full resto's so they have original equipment.

Im going to finish rebuilding the firewall and tunnel, couple small patches around the rear fenders and leave it as is for this year.
Have to get the tunnel and firewall done so that i can fit some buckets in the front and build a dash and pedals. Glass will come toward the end of this driving season

car looks solid. I have a 37 Ambassador in the barn that I hope to finish some day. Still has the original engine. I look forward to seeing your progress. Good Luck!

This car is up for sale as well if anyone is interested. I'm not trying to sell, just willing to send it off to someone else who probably has more time.

3K for everything. Worth more than that in parts. But like I said, if someone had the time this could be an incredible car. I'm just going to build it on my budget and time.

Nice ride......yeah I wouldn't chop it up either....

I take it you don't get emotionally attached to any one build....lol Probably a good thing...... wish I could do that....:D

There are a few that I wouldnt get rid of, 71-73 barracuda, 1950 merc 2 door, 66-68 tempest. But most of them I like the build then want someone else to enjoy it.

Car is going in the garage this weekend, hopefully tomorow.

So I'm going to hope the 283 that it came with will be a runner. the guy I got it from seemed to think so. I have a 700r4 from a 1991 trans-am that I beleive will work. So we shall see.

Anything I should look out for? Does this combo match up?

Also when putting the engine together, I have an sbc electronic ignition. Hopefully I can come up with a 2bbl for it or a 4bbl intake and carb.
My questions come to can I adapt an s10 steering pump/ brackett and alternator/ brackett.

Latest posts

Back