1941 Ford Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck 41

New to the site from Montana. I am working a 41 Ford truck over and look for some ideas on the front end. I am installing a Heits MII and Im struggling over where to make my final axel centerline. Some folks say 16" from the front of the frame. Some folks say on the snubber.:confused:

Welcome to the forum. Might help to have a diagram of your problem,dont really understand it clearly. Does Heids not have specs for their stuff?

Intalling Heits Mustang II in 41 Ford Truck

To accuartely intall the Mustang II cross member into the 41 Ford frame you have to first find the centerline of the crossmember and the centerline of the front axle. my problem is that I am not sure where the original axle centerline is located. Heits says its the hole that the front rubber snubber is mounted to. Wescotts frame demention diagram show the centerline at 16" from the front of the frame. Chassis Engineering says its 15.5 from the frame front. but their crossmember is a bolt in. I do know that i have the rear end in the correct spot and I know that the total wheelbase is suppose to be 112". According to my measurements it should be 16.5 from the front of the frame. I just dont want to weld it and find i botched it. I bought another 41 truck that was complete with a solid frontend and I put a plumb bob down the frame and the centerline is behind the rubber snubber. Not sure where to weld this dude in at short of installing a cab and fenders and standing a wheel in the wheelwell. Anyone out there have some insight.[S

Thanks Rainman I am sure that the only way I will get it right. maybe I could mount a running board and fender together and get an eyeball on it. I guess the 112" wheel base is the real key. I amg getting excited to get this thing on its wheels. I did get the ford granada rearend and a set of Posie springs mounted in. its comming along. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back