1941 International Bobber

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working hard to get the floorboards completed.Last time I counted there was 14 different pieces I cut to make the endless tranny tunnel. I have the master cylinder in and the pedal.Next comes the column. I found one from a 30 something plymouth with a cool horn ring center. With a little more work I can roll the cab off for final welds and undercoating. Will post more pics soon.:D

Talking about the tires,it has been a challenge finding the correct combo.Those 16" front tires are hard to find and only Diamondback so far has a 24"dia w/ww radial. I found 15" at Towel City and Hurst for pie crust 28"-30" rears. I like the Firestone rears but they're bias and about $100 more per tire? I've got to order them next week.Any suggestions?[S

Well I answered my own questions on the WWW tires and cheater slicks and ordered them from Towel City Tire in NC 1-704-933-2143 and got my 16s for the front and 15" cheaters for the back.
Great prices and will have in 2 weeks for me. Thanks Herb & Danny[cl

I haven't been to the Towel City website in quite a while. You are right, good stuff and great prices.
When you get them let us know how they balance and feel on the road.

You've got a really cool project going with your Cornbinder.

Cheater slicks

Here is what the Cheaters look like. Way Cool[dr

Attachments

• Cheaters.jpg
    Cheaters.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 22
Tractor Grill

I took a Allis Chalmer grill and widened it 4 ". Welded 2 "c" shaped pieces and a flat one to make the raised center area.I have more work to do on it to plug some holes and finish welds.

Parts Round-Up

After building several rods over the years on this one I decided to gather up as many parts and pieces as I could before I started. I had spotted the cab and got it 8/15/11. Went to Springfield swap meet 8/27 with a shopping list and found most of what I needed. Bought the steel.Then went to work. My goal is to drive it to Dewey for the cookout in November.
Heres some new photos.[;)

Attachments

• Bobber 027.jpg
    Bobber 027.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Bobber 028.jpg
    Bobber 028.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Bobber 029.jpg
    Bobber 029.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Bobber 030.jpg
    Bobber 030.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 67
Front End

Completed the front end and friction shocks this weekend.Also hooked up the steering.[;)

Attachments

• Bobber 031.jpg
    Bobber 031.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Bobber 035.jpg
    Bobber 035.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Bobber 032.jpg
    Bobber 032.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 63
Completed the front end and friction shocks this weekend.Also hooked up the steering.[;)

Sully,
It looks good, but I'm a little concerned with the angle and incline of your steering link. Also think about a panhard bar.

Keep up the good work!

-Troy

Attachments

• 135_0312_solid_13_z.jpg
    135_0312_solid_13_z.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 30
Panard Bar

Sully,
It looks good, but I'm a little concerned with the angle and incline of your steering link. Also think about a panhard bar.

Keep up the good work!

-Troy

Troy,
I have different spindle brackets coming that are a inch longer because of a limited turning radius when cross bar hits the bat wings. Hadn't thought about a panard though because the mono spring is jamed between the bat wings but prob should have one for alinement? The steering link is level with the ground but it doesn't bind going from side to side.[S

Latest posts

Back