1946 Chevy truck windshield frame: 2 peice?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravehunter

I am getting ready to cut my 1946 Chevy truck windshield frame to my chopped top and get glass and new weather strip put in it. My question is does the window frame come apart so the frame to cab weather strip can go in? Or is it a one peice and you just put the strip in without taking anything apart. My frame is pretty rusted and i'm trying to make it work so its hard to tell if it comes apart or not.

I've never done this before but it looks like i need that weather strip and some glazing cement to hold it in. Then some tape to go into the glass channels to hold the glass in.

Am i missing anything here?
Thanks for the help!!

I also have a 46' Chevy truck with a rusty windshield frame.
I haven't gotten as far as needing a gasket etc., but wondered what you did about the rusty windshield frame?
I saw a new frame priced at $500 and that's as far as I have gotten so far.

on my truck i just used urethane to glue the windshield in the outside groove of the top and made the windshield stationary i didnt use the windshield frame. i just v-butted the center of the two halves.the windshield is flush with the body.

on my truck i just used urethane to glue the windshield in the outside groove of the top and made the windshield stationary i didnt use the windshield frame. i just v-butted the center of the two halves.the windshield is flush with the body.

I was planning to still use the hinge feature in mine. It always seems cool when I walk by someone elses with the windshield open...

I was planning to still use the hinge feature in mine. It always seems cool when I walk by someone elses with the windshield open...
yeah i like the crank out windshield too. but my top being chopped i needed the windshield as tall as i could get it. i gained a couple inchs not using the frame.

Latest posts

Back