1946 Ford ideas?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynnkc

I have a 1946 Ford Tudor that i bought for a parts car and would like to do something unique with it like chop, a convertible. I once saw a truck convertible that looked like the started with a car and made it into a truck. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG00043-20100807-2254.jpg
    IMG00043-20100807-2254.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 27
i would do a real radical chop on section the body like an inch or two and kinda build it like something alcapone would have driven if he was from the 40's and was a hotroder

any idea how this was done? did the graft a car front end to a cab or cut a car and make it into a cab?

Attachments

• 1946 ford tudor truck3.jpg
    1946 ford tudor truck3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 27
here is another pic. i saw it on craigslist but the owner didn't respond

Attachments

• 1946 ford tudor truck4.jpg
    1946 ford tudor truck4.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 13
It's been done several ways though that one appears to have been made from a 46 ish Fordor with a Stude box and the rear of a pickup cab added. Some guys graft a car front end onto a pickup cab though the better looking ones are made from car bodies like yours with the back part of a pickup cab grafted on behind the doors. 2 doors look better since the doors are longer, but you could lengthen your doors with sections from the rears.

i like it. Mine actually is a 2 door so i might do that. the trunk pan is completely rusted out anyway. if anyone finds any build shots on somebody that has done this. Shoot them my way.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back