1946 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also spent today shedding some weight off the engine. I took the power steering pump off, and hopefully tomorrow I'll remove the coolant heater and plug a few unnecessary lines. I also have to find a supplier around Calgary who sells heim joints and weld in bungs for my 4 link setup.

LOoking around in the background.

Calgarymale86, you have some nice tools and equipment around you shop. [dr

Thanks skip, it's pretty easy to stock up a shop when you don't have kids yet!

So today I ran into town and bought a 3/4x16 tap so I could start my 4 link setup, as well as some plumbing fittings for the tranny and fuel lines.

I also worked on the front spring perch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 21
Sooo I kinda got in a hurry when I was out shopping and forgot to pickup some u-bolts to attach the spring pack.

I also wanted to pipe to pass through the spring perch just like my frame, butttt I might've cut one of the pipes a inch short and couldn't justify cutting into another 20 footer just for a part that'll be mostly hidden.

With just the weight of the frame and the engine/tranny I had to preset the perch 2 1/2" high to allow the weight to squat the spring. It took me 2 times of tacking and cutting off the perch to get the proper height I wanted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 32
Nice perch.

I think I'd find another use for a short piece of tubing, and whack that 20 footer. But that's just me. I can think of a couple ways to make it look like I meant to do it exactly like that. :D

Latest posts

Back