1946 Ford split bones worth?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynnkc

I am switching over to a mustang ii setup and was wondering if you guys could tell me what my 1946 ford i beam setup with split wishbones, spindles, disc brakes, and a Vega steering setup is worth? see attached pic.

Attachments

• IMG00019-20101106-1124.jpg
    IMG00019-20101106-1124.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 68
Shipping would be prohibitive so it would be your local market. The 46 axle isn't as desirable as the earlier ones but you have a pretty nice set up there. You might do better to just strip it down and sell the bones and the disc brake set up separately.

Most stock front axle assemblies bring from $200.00 -$300.00 without disc brakes around my area ( I don't know where you are though ) .

Something like that, used, up here by me is around $500. It wuld be more if it was an earlier one with an aftermarket dropped axle

Yeah--I agree with the $500 number for a setup with fresh pins and good disc brakes and the bones already split. The same thing new from speedway would be about double that.

PA41

Latest posts

Back