1947 International build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilduec

So here's the story on this build, I've had a 32 Ford all steel coupe for about 8 years now and ran it and drove it for that time. I decided I wanted to build it the way I wanted to so off came the body and I'm using an all new chassis. So some specs on the old chassis. Its an original 32 Ford frame that has been used and cut on and used some more back from when it started its life as a hot rod back in the 50's. Right now it has a 4 bar front end with a tube axle, a 57-62 Pontiac olds rear end, and a 350/350 combo. The coupe ran really good and nice and smooth down the road. So what to do with the old chassis, well at first I just tried to sell it for a few months with a couple bites here and there but no takers. I kept thinking about just throwing a body on it and driving it with a for sale sign, but I didnt want to shell out 5 grand on a roadster body. So I found this 47 International truck cab, doors, and grill on Craigslist for $200! I've always wanted to try my hand at chopping and channeling something so what better way than on a $200 truck? If I screw it up oh well I'll make it into a roadster pick up! So I thought what the hell I'll use that and get it goin to take to Springfield Missouri Memorial day weekend for the NSRA Mid America Nationals. Its a fun event we always like to go to. So I have a week and a half left......lets see if I make it in time! Here come the pics!

Hers's the coupe before

Heres the coupe as she sits now

Heres the old chassis that I'm gonna use.

Heres the body I bought and threw on the chassis just to get an idea. Like the wheels?? Best idea to roll around a chassis in the shop! $30 of plywood!

Last edited:
I figured about 7 inches would be good!

No goin back now!

trailerqueen18.jpg

Forgot this pic, heres my little fabricator and co pilot!

I tried to get it all lined up without cutting it this way, but I ended up having to to get the rear window to line up correctly

Getting the drip rails done

Had to pie cut the passenger side but not the drivers side for whatever reason. I may just pie cut the other side to make it match!! Ha ha

Workin on the passenger side drip rail

Top is pretty much ok. I may recut the back strip and stretch it out some more because it sags down a little.

Found these 15x5 wheels and tires off of a 49 Chevy truck with the hubcaps and tires for $100 on Craigslist.

Heres a 55 Chevy I believe truck bed I picked up for $200 at a swap meet. Gonna take the fenders off and probably cut like 3 feet out of the center and narrow it about 6 inches. This probably wont be done in time but no big deal.

Workin on the passenger side door

Windshield frame is pretty much good.

Ok so thats all I have for now. Have some zoomie headers on order that should be here soon ($120 including baffles) and picked up a high rise tunnel ram for $200 on Craigslist. I dont think I will have time to do the channel but it WILL be done sometime when we get back from Springfield. Oh and one night when me and my brother were drinkin beer in the shop we were talkin about what to name the truck. My brother joking said you should name it "The Trailer Queen" and park it next to $50,000 nice cars so they are scared that rust will fall off on their cars...............well it stuck. So "The Trailer Queen" project continues on. I will post pics as I work on it and hopefully I will be drivin it in a week and a half!!!!!!!

holy crap man! It took me a week and a half just to chop my top! And another year and a half to get where I'm at not!
Sweet build!!!

Well, it may not look all that great by next week, but I just wanna drive it down to the show. I hope I can make it in time. Still gotta finish the top of the doors, put some lexan in, wire it, make the zoomies, mount a battery, mount the steering colum, mount the brake pedal and throw a seat and belts in it. Yeah........got alot to do in a short amount of time. But hey thats the fun of it right?? Thanks for the compliments by the way.

Decided to keep it and been workin on it quite alot lately. I'll have this thing running soon. Sectioned the grill, cut about five inches off the bottom of the cab, cut like 3 1/2 feet out of the bed, been patching up some massive cancer on the back of the cab, got most of the frame for the floor done, cleaned up the firewall a bit and still have to fill all the holes, started doing the whole homemade white wall thing, and ummmmm thats all I can remember right now. Its comin along nice, I'm really liking the way it looks and hell I may just keep this thing.

Attachments

• Trailer Queen 1.jpg
    Trailer Queen 1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Trailer queen 2.jpg
    Trailer queen 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Trailer queen 3.jpg
    Trailer queen 3.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 83
Here's the latest updated pics!!!!

Got the headlight mounts done

18_zps32cadf95.jpg

Filling holes in the firewall

1_zpsf418d81d.jpg

I didnt like the way the top looked so I redid it. Looks much better and flows better now.

2-2_zpsbac20663.jpg

3-1_zps3b730725.jpg

4-1_zpse4c658f2.jpg

5-2_zpsfa504928.jpg

6-1_zps719f9bd6.jpg

Started working on the floor frame

7_zps487ab05d.jpg

Traded my TH400 for this 700r4 straight up

8_zpsc9151e9f.jpg

This is the tunnel ram and air cleaner I'm usin

9_zps61b48917.jpg

10_zpsf92de796.jpg

Hopefully the cab is off for the last time.

11_zps5c927c57.jpg

The bed all cut down and welded up

13_zpsa917efbe.jpg

Fuel tank I found on Craigslist for $40

14_zpsc6f5190b.jpg

Grill done and welded up. Fixed a couple teeth that were all rotted out

15_zpse0e599b6.jpg

Some sheet metal work on the cab. Sectioned 5 inches off the bottom and moved it up. Still have to fill in that rear piece, it was completely gone and rotted out.

16_zpsc4654841.jpg

17_zpsb8572710.jpg

Thats it for now. Been workin on it alot lately so I'm keepin at it.

Latest posts

Back