1947 Metro Van

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remaxman

I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my project. Working on building a 1947 International Metro Van. We (I say we because I have hired Cory Mroz of Mr. Oz Designs to help with part of the build) are currently mating the body to the custom frame.

By the end of the summer this thing should be on the road sporting a LS1 engine backed by a 4L60E that is sitting in a 01 Blazer Xtreme front clip with a custom "z" frame in the back. Should be able to run 22" wheels on the rear and still lay frame.
5352285583_5384dbfcfb_s.jpg

What type of wheels do you think I should run?

You can see more of the build on my blog. I how to have a lot more pics up this week. http://www.XtremeMetro.Blogspot.com

I am looking forward to being part of the group.

5385761181_70186b9bde_s.jpg

Kool stuff and welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted, I look forward to following your progress! [dr

Beercan

Metro Van tires and wheels

Not 22's.

Come on Blue Eyed Devil, don't just leave me hanging. I've got space for a 31" tall tire. What do you recommend? This thing has giant wheel openings. It seem to swallow up any normal size wheel and make it look like its riding on tricycle wheels.

I need some help. Painted wires wheels? Blanks? Salt Flat? Plain Steel wheels painted red? What do you think?

Big wheels look like doo-doo on old stuff IMO. I think the artillery style wheels you have pictured would be fitting of a utilitarian truck like your Metro. However, I wouldn't go over a 17". Fill the rest of the wheelwell with a nice fat piecrusted blackwall tire. It would look the part and be much cooler than big goofy wheels with even goofier small tires. And don't paint them red! That's my input - thanks for askin! [ddev

i like the bottom wheel, if you could fit a deep dish in the back they would look really good. but remember its your truck fix it the way you like it

Metro van Wheels

i like the bottom wheel, if you could fit a deep dish in the back they would look really good. but remember its your truck fix it the way you like it

Here the funny thing about the van. We measured the Blazer front track width to make sure it would fit with plenty of room. We assumed that the back was close to the same. We did not account for the fact that the body is wedge shape and gets wider as it goes back. It does not look like it but it does. So, we ended up with about 9" from the axle to the inside of the rear fender. I got all kinda of room for deep dish wheel if I go that way.

Latest posts

Back