1948-56 Cadillac coupe deville.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71rat

so down the street from my work, there a 18-56 bodystyle caddie sitting in the blackberry bushes. it has all the glass from what i can tell by driving by, and the passenger side is straight. The hood is off (pulled about a foot away from the cowel), so i dont know if it has a motor or not.

What should i offer? i have no clue what condition its is, but its been sitting there for YEARS. Theres moss and dirt all over it. Its sitting with a 1968 ford f250 crewcab, 1966 T-bird, and another 40/50's car.

I figure to start, I'll go up to the owner with 500 bucks cash, in my hand and tell him i can have a buddy with a flatbed be here in a half hour. if he says no, how much higher should i go?

I'm really hoping he doesnt say like 3 grand. I dont have that kind of money. This is my dream car and I dont mind rebuilding it.

Take your wife/kids/GF/dog along and ask him what he is going to do with the stuff. Don't go straight to the Caddy. Shoot the bull as long as you can.
It may not be worth 500 to you when you get a good look at it. Is it a 2 dr,4 dr or hardtop? Stalking your next project is a thrill isn't it! :)

hmm. Alright. so beat around the bush and ask what his plans are to do with all that scrap metal? haha.

And its a 2 door hard top.

heres a pic of one like it.

1956_cadillac_coupe_de_ville.jpg

My first car (that I could legally drive on the road) was a 56 caddy. Cool ride it was.
I don't know where you live but I would like to find out more about the 68 crewcab. I sold my 69 last spring and would like to find another.
Good luck on the caddy, I hope it isn't an Imona car (as in Imona fixer up someday).

well, i went and looked at it. Interior is there, but the seats are rotted out. it has a motor, but the gap where the hood is off is right over the carb, and it doesnt have an air cleaner! the fender skirts are rusted pretty good, and it has a good sized dent in the door. it has lots of surface rust.

I went across the street to some buisiness and ran into a guy who knows the guy who owns the car. he said that its probably not for sale but i left him with my number, name and a can-do attitude.

Hopefully he calls me soon.

Latest posts

Back