1949 carnage

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4orty9

Posted this on KB the day of but just thought I'd give you fellas a heads up!

untitled-12.jpg

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh174/fiftysomething/
for more pictures

Driving to work August 16th at 9am I got on the Sawgrass Expressway from Coral Ridge drive. This SOB decides to cut me off, I hit the breaks, hydroplane and fishtail, as soon as I think I regained control, I flip a 180* into a guardrail. Driver. Never. Stops. A witness picked me up and we tracked him down. He refused to pull over then swore that he wasn't involved. I'm okay, a bit of pain in my neck/shoulder but mostly a hurting heart. I'll let you guys know the follow up news when I hear any. Watch out for these dumbass holier-than-thou I have more important places to go than you do drivers.

Really sorry to see this happen to you 4orty9, but very glad to see that your ok and still in one piece, able to build again. I hope you see some justis out of all this though.

Sorry to hear what happened! Glad you didn't get hurt. Some people see our primered vehicles and just figure it to be another piece of junk on the road. :mad:They don't know the amount of work we have involved. So off they go down the road to see who else they can pass. Truck looks salvagable by the pics. Hope it is!:D...........CR

Well I hope.

I hope you wrote down his plate number then called the Police and made a report.The witness hopefully will go to court with you.He should be charged with leaving the scene of an accident.Hope you follow up on this.Glad you safe though.

I hope you wrote down his plate number then called the Police and made a report.The witness hopefully will go to court with you.He should be charged with leaving the scene of an accident.Hope you follow up on this.Glad you safe though.

Yeah, don't know about there but here in Texas leaving the scene is a big no no! Sorry about your truck, shame it ruined that beautiful paint job! :eek:

Beercan

Hope there's no long term health issues after the wreck, other than picking bits of the other guy's teeth from your knuckles !!! Glad you're still with us. Sorry about your truck.

You didnt get hurt bad ? buy the pic ,looks like you were lucky !
I know its bad ,reguler people will never understand us hot rodders and the amount of work that goes into them and the tlc involved.

I'm really sorry to hear the news. It could have been a lot worse! You walked away from it and that's the most important thing. I know how it can tear your heart out to have something torn up that you have so much time and effort invested in. There's always another truck somewhere waiting. So chock it up to a lesson learned and move on. That's about all you can do.

Thunder

:(That's a shame bout yer ride, but good that ya are ok. It's less painful to mend metal than bones, want to see some pics of the renew on yer ride. Good luck with prosecuting that fool that caused the wreck.......

Man that sucks.....

At least you are ok. Could very easily went way worse for you. I guessin the truck may not be a total loss....

Keep us updated.

Latest posts

Back