1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah -28 Celsius. I'm an old sissy now and won't work in the garage when it's that cold anymore. We finished welding the suicide mount and Huck headed for home a little further north. It hit -33 at his house. I have seen -48 here with a wind. That will freeze the balls off a brass monkey!

I got ball joints and ujoints replaced in my Jeep today[cl. My wife said it was like driving a bowel of pudding. All better now.

Time to hunt down rims and tires for the 49 now.

Gold03

DR.....it's 52 degrees out...right now....

This weather is nutz!!! Supposed to be up to nearly 60 by 3pm tomorrow then back to 33 around 10pm tomorrow.....this rain sucks....found a few leaks in the barn roof I never had before...fog is really bad right now...
You're right about the torpedo heater.....I had a kerosene one that I used to preheat my plane....worked great...just made a duct that would go just up to my cowl flaps and that motor would be heated in no time....sorry, I ramble....lol

There are a lot available here. I'm concerned about carbon monoxide. I have a propane construction heater but my head starts to swim after a bit. I took care of a family with Co poisoning in emerg years ago. The poor outcome left me a little paranoid.

Gold03

Yup hope you feel better bud. We sure would like to SEE some progress!!! If it would just warm up some here I would be happy to go back to work on mine. It is so close to done it is pathetic.....

OK, feeling well enough to go out and shoot a few pictures. Need to keep you updated.
This is the suicide perch I built. Had to get my buddy Huck to weld it in for me. Guy does nice welding with a stick machine.

gold03

Attachments

• Suicide perch welds.jpg
    Suicide perch welds.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Front end .jpg
    Front end .jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Passenger frame.jpg
    Passenger frame.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Drivers frame.jpg
    Drivers frame.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 113
Thanks guys. I had help from a good friend. Seems when I was using the welder I was turning the heat up to high. Huck welded for thirty five years. Even after not welding for the last two years, he's still got the touch.

Gold03

Latest posts

Back