1949 Panel Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry481

UPSTATE NEW YORK, & SOMETIMES FLORIDA.......
Update on the 49 Panel Rat:

Well we sorta figured out the relocation of the steering box. at least the engine fits now, and even runs. I welded a couple pieces of angle iron to the frame for the box to sit on, not bolted as that was mentioned to me on here.

Shorten the drag link rod, changed the drag link arm ball to the other side, to get things sorta back to the original location, that was a pain, but gotter done ...............

Just got to get a couple of steering uv joints for the steering column and shorten the steering column some, so things will all fit.

Also connected the brake pedal to the clutch pedal arm and removered the brake pedal, so if you follow all this the clutch pedal is now the brake, as this in going to be an auto tranny. Had to do that as the engine took up too much space. I figured it would be a good idea, if I wanted the brakes to work.

Thanks to all that added info about this. Added some more photo's some old most are new.

Jerry

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20.jpg