1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As to the sleep over.....turns out that I wake up an average of 23 times an hour over 6 hours of sleep time.:eek:
Not a good ratio. So tonight I try the CPAP machine. The concern is the stress on my heart that a lifetime of not sleeping is causing.
Torchie.

Sorry to derail, but how did the CPAP work for ya? Just curious as my son (and a cousin) suffer from apnea and the machine changed both their lives for the better. I hope it does you half as well and keep up the good work!

Torchie, I also had a good friend that went on the CPAP and it worked wonders for him...good luck with that man!

I think different dashes are perfect for throwing people for a loop when they look inside.
Looks like you are moving along! (Reads I need to get back at it!)

I like the different dash idea as well DR. I will make some sort of decision here in the future. It can be hard to sustain the momentum of a long term build. You will get at it when the time is right.;)

Sorry to derail, but how did the CPAP work for ya? Just curious as my son (and a cousin) suffer from apnea and the machine changed both their lives for the better. I hope it does you half as well and keep up the good work!

Torchie, I also had a good friend that went on the CPAP and it worked wonders for him...good luck with that man!

Thanks for asking guys.
After 3 nights I am getting used to the gizmo. My wife says that I have been sleeping with out tossing and turning like I usualy do. And I think that I am sleeping more. So that is all good news
I go back for another test in a couple of weeks with the CPAP this time so we will see what they say.
Torchie.

And now back to our regularly schedueled program....

Played hooky from the project for most of yesterday as the weather here has been glorious, So i let the wife take me boating for the day.
But later in the evening I did sneak in some shop time. Cleaned up and painted the pedal assembly.
Back at the body work today. Concentrated on the back wall of the cab. About 90% of the way there. A couple of flat spots to take care of and a final blocking and it should be good to go.
Started on the firewall as well. If all goes to plan I will be recoating the cab shell in epoxy primer tomorrow.
Then on to the doors.
Thanks for stopping by.......
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 27
You're getting close on the cab and it's looking good! Did you do any fishing or were you just getting out for a ride on the lake. Looks like it might be a "fishy" spot...

You're getting close on the cab and it's looking good! Did you do any fishing or were you just getting out for a ride on the lake. Looks like it might be a "fishy" spot...

No fishing smallfoot. Just a boat ride.:D
The lake that we were on is great for fishing. Lake trout. Muskie. Bass.Walleye.
I used to fish a lot. For 17 years straight out on the river for opening day of Trout season.
Best summer of my life was the one before I opened my Bakery. Fished every morning for the entire summer.:)
I got away from it once the business got bigger and the kids came along. Sold all my tackle and gear when we downsized.:(
Maybe it's time to get back to it.
Torchie.

Shot the cab in epoxy again.
This will be it on body work on the cab shell untill next spring. Plan on getting it back on the chassis soon.
Going to start on the doors tomorow.
Thanks for looking in.......
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 30
Tonights progress....

Had some help so we got the cab back on the frame.
Pics 1-3. Put it back on the way I took it off only with help this time and some protection for the roof.

Pics 4-5. I've got one friend that is a car guy and comes around once in a while to help. Good thing that he is skinny.
That's him in the cab. Ah the joys of a chopped and channeled custom.

Pic 6. Did a quick clean up on the steering box and column. And installed that as well.

Pics 7-8. As she sits for now.

My fake leg is making some strange noises so first order of business is to get to the leg shop in the morning. Then on to finish up the doors.
Thanks for stopping in ......
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 25
Very nice [cl
I know how a little help can go a long way:rolleyes:
Between you and ZZ I'm thinking I might have to put some primer on this thing, thanks a lot [S

Looks great Torchie!!!!! What type of lift is that in your garage??? I think I need something like that... looks safer than my 2 engine stands, cement blocks and stacks of wood...lol

Looks great Torchie!!!!! What type of lift is that in your garage??? I think I need something like that... looks safer than my 2 engine stands, cement blocks and stacks of wood...lol

I've done that more than once my self CC.:eek:

I built this lift a few years ago when I rebuilt the SBC in my wifes boat. I had to be able to raise the engine so that the oil pan cleared 6'.
Built it out of treated 4x6 beams. Uprights are 10' apart with the cross beam in place it almost touches the underside of the roof. The bottoms sit inside 2 stacked cinder blocks with some sandbags thrown on for good measure.
The cross beam is 10' off the ground and sits atop the uprights. With the boat engine I lifted it up and once clear of the deck I turned it sideways and it fit inbetween the roof trusees.
I also put some cross pieces at truss level and use cinch straps to hold everything in place.
Extremely stable and strong. I designed it to come apart and have done so before.
I also have 2 reinforced trusses that I can put a timber under for support as well. I use those to hang wooden boats from when I work on them.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 18
Is that the same dude who's laying under your truck?
He's got the same coat (although a little less dirty ;-) ) on.
-Chaz

Latest posts

Back