1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What part of Florida is your daughter in Torchie?

She is in Orlando working for the mouse smallfoot. :D
When she was in Vegas for 7 years she worked for Cirque du Soleil.
Does theater work so she has been all over the country as well as parts of Asia.
Not to mention that she has worked shows for everyone from Dylan to Madonna.
One of my favorite pics of her is sitting next B B King on his tour bus .:eek: :D
Shes a tough little cookie that inherited my work ethic:).
Torchie.

Well, if ya get the chance to visit her, let me know. I'll show ya around some of my water haunts and we can go in the canoe or boat. I'm about 35 miles north of O town...

Well, if ya get the chance to visit her, let me know. I'll show ya around some of my water haunts and we can go in the canoe or boat. I'm about 35 miles north of O town...

I'd like that that smallfoot. :D
I had many chances to go to Fla when I first started out Cooking. Just never took any of them up.
Torchie.

Nice catch smallfoot.:D
Too late to worry about getting this thread out of whack.:D
The new shackles came in the mail today.[cl But since we are looking at a high temp of about 5 degrees for the next few days i don't think that there will be any shop time soon.
Torchie

Yes Sir
Brick Lake
January 94 was the last time I got to go :(

attachment.php

Holy Cow, sure is dusty :eek:
Thanks Torchie, for letting the runaway thread happen [ddd

Attachments

• IMG_20150212_071941664.jpg
    IMG_20150212_071941664.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 47
So here's a couple of pics of what we can catch around me.
Pic 1. 50 lb Muskie
Pic 2. 28 lb salmon caught on a fly rod.
Both of these were taken from Torch Lake that I posted pics of last summer.
Torchie.
ps. Neither guy is me.......:D

Attachments

• kyle-anderson-record-muskie-9f6ddf83b1f2eb4d_medium.jpg
    kyle-anderson-record-muskie-9f6ddf83b1f2eb4d_medium.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 9388374-large.jpg
    9388374-large.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 13
Didn't get back out to put the spring perch shackles in but I did move the axle/wishbone in prep for finishing it up tomorrow.
Since I was out there I decided to put the new rubber "Ball" on the knob end of the radius rods. Some guys use grease. Some guys just muscle it on. But here is a way that I was shown way back when.
Pic 1. The rubber ball.

Pic 2-3.Place the ball on the knob end of the wishbone and stick an air nozzle into the small hole.

Pic 4. Press down on the ball while shooting air into the hole.

Pic 5. And there you have it.[cl :D [cl
Thanks for looking in and see you all tomorrow.....
Torchie

That is one slick trick!

Just an update....

....to let everyone know that I haven't dropped dead.[cl
It's been just too bloody cold here to do anything.
Below zero at night and if we hit double digits in the day time it's a heat wave. Got up the other morning and it was -20:eek: :eek:
High predicted for Thursday a swarmy 4 degrees.
Stay warm everybody......
Torchie.

-20 around here this time of year is considered a heat wave :) Guess I'm a little north of you. That said, its been a particularly mild winter for us so far. Hope I didn't just jinx it!

....to let everyone know that I haven't dropped dead.[cl
It's been just too bloody cold here to do anything.
Below zero at night and if we hit double digits in the day time it's a heat wave. Got up the other morning and it was -20:eek: :eek:
High predicted for Thursday a swarmy 4 degrees.
Stay warm everybody......
Torchie.

Stay by the fire and get ready for the spring thaw. It's gonna be here before you know it.
Not to rub it in or anything but it was 68 degrees here this weekend.

I hate all you guys. cept for Torchie I feel for ya. Heat wave here today, high of 5 degrees. See maybe you should move south to warmer weather. Doing much better here :D

Latest posts

Back