1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics are a little decieving Flipper.
Here's a couple from the first mock up that give a better idea of ride height.
In my neck of the woods you get them too low and they never leave the garage;)

How's the roofus coming? I was following your build on another site.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 45
So to end todays meeting of the Loyal Order of the Rat. Lets form a circle and recite our Mantra.

Weld, Hammer, Grind. Repeat. Weld, Hammer, Grind. Repeat..................:D

Torchie [;)

Attachments

• IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 39
Seriously thinking about parting Roofus out and using the Jag parts on the A model coupe after I build the Dodge truck.

Sometimes that's the way things go Flipper. Just the fact that you could look at those parts and come up with what you did still amazes me. But that's what makes an artist. My wife and daughters are all artists and they see things very abstractly. Which in many cases leaves me in the dust.....
Good luck on what ever you decide and thanks for checking out my build.
Torchie.

Hey Torchie

I love the chop on your cab...throw some clear coat on it and run with it :)...

Thanks for sharing your chop and your build with us....looks awesome...

MikeC

Thanks to all for your continued support of this build.
To tell you the truth MikeC I am kind of a "paint the car" type of guy :eek:
I enjoy all different types of builds regardless of wether or not they are shiney but I have been shooting color since I was around 16 years old. I even did it professionaly for a while. So the plans for this one are to get it in paint.
Right know I see it as a Tutone. Body, hood and bed sides creme or Ivory. And the fenders Gold Metallic. Like the combination on the Outboard hoods I painted this summer. Would be the right era color for a custom.
Of course this is about the 4 or 5 color revision on this project. So who knows.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 27
Rained all day so I got in some garage time.
Welded up the relief cut in the eyebrow.
Filled in some holes from some running lights.
Welded on the roof filler strip. At about the mid point on the roof.
So now it's time to grind.....
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi Torchie. I've been a few days reading and watching pics of your build, and I give you lots of credit for your craftsmanship and engineering skills. And with a handicap to boot. My hat's off to you. Keep at it and one day this will be what hot rodders are looking back at and saying "back in the day"! It'll be your truck that they will be ohhing and ahhing about. It's going to be SUPER. Great going. perleyu

Hey Torchie, we have snow on the ground here now:(

Hope all is going well. Your roof is looking great!

Well we beat you by a week on the snow gold. Gone now but the cold temps have stayed behind. Was about 25 degrees this morning.:mad

No progress to report. Spent yesterday moving things around so somebody could look at the boat. This morning was spent helping someone do an emergency move and came home to find that a guy that I consider a brother had suffered a heart attack. Went to spend time in the hospital with him and his wife. Not a great way to spend a day but all part of life.
If things settle down will get back to the truck tomorrow.
Torchie.

Thanks guys.
Been a very emotional day starting very early.
The emergency move was to help out a younger friend, who (right or wrongly) looks to me as a sort of father figure. Go figure that one out.[S

The Docs did some work on my Bro's Widow maker artery today to get him stabalized. Apparently they are going back in again tomorrow to see what else they find.
I and my family went thru this back in 99 when I suffered a near fatal Heart attack followed by Quadruple Bypass. They were there for us then. Now it's our turn to be there for them.
Torchie.

So I decided today that the only way to damp down all the turmoil that seems to be swirling around me is to get back to my "Happy Place":D:D:D:D
And that entailed clearing away the bed mock up so I will have full access to the truck cab.
There. That's better.
Torchie.[;)
p.s. My friend is home from the hospital and doing better.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back