1953 f100 first build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1953 f100 build

ya it took me 3 hours to get it that far today . had to take everything apart nice some one is buying allot of it i keeping the steering column brake booster seat gas tank .sold motor and tranny doors fenders and box .hope it turns out like i think . looks good on paper[cl

Ya had me till the 307. Sorry, just not a fan of the FORD tough with Chevy stuff deal but I see you're going with a Chevy frame so it makes more since and this is a Rat Rod site so anything goes. :D

My first build was a '55 F100. Had a weak 289 in it so I extracted it and installed a 429 4V...yes I have a love affair with 429s. Awesome truck. Would smoke the tires as long as you held down the loud peddle.I loved the attention it got but almost cried when this happened....
2q00xld.jpg

Hit a 8 point buck doing 65. Threw the deer in the back and had it processed. The impact would have totaled a new truck.

I repaired the damage but fell on hard times and had to sell her.

Enjoy the build, we'll be watching. [P

1953 ford f100

ya i know the 307 isn't the best motor . but was free and came with tranny and heard it run will do for now. like a lot of us do what you can on a budget .well if i had a budget i drive dump truck so only work in the summer .unemployment in winter .but plenty of time to work on stuff . so will collect parts all summer keep my self busy in winter. have some rework to do on my 66 rat wrecker to

1953 f100 build

did a little more work on s10 had to work for 6 hours today then came home and pulled motor and tranny and removed gas tank .took off all the old lines. hoping to get 53 cab on tomorrow see what it looks like. set other motor in it to see where every thing will set. befor running new brake lines and getting drivetrain hooked up will post more pics as i go

Attachments

• DSCF0037.jpg
    DSCF0037.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 11
1953 f100 build

worked on it today motor just setting in it put cab on .think im going to channel it get it lower .have to lower box yet. just wanted to see what it will look like. put the old grill and lights on just to see .still not sure what i will do with front yet any ideas will be appreciated thanks

1953 f100 build

well another rain day worked on truck . started channel today .cut out floor got it about where i want it. next is the box get it on .then the front clip . then start floor frame. keep in mind my first time . see me doing it wrong .will appreciate advice . got it 7 inches in back and 61/2 in front. will be a little higher with cab mounts. been reading all the post on here a lot of good information

Attachments

• DSCF0045.jpg
    DSCF0045.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF0044.jpg
    DSCF0044.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 18
how well does that olds engine fit in the s10 frame? channel looks like a good height, i am actually gonna start a channel on my 40 ford truck, it will be channeled 5 inches and chopped 6, if i still fit it will get an 8 inch chop. mine will be all blue oval parts tho, theres no other way in my garage. keep the pics comin oh and it dont matter now but fullsize ford wheels would have fit the other frame u had.

1953 f100 build

not sure on the olds motor. people keep saying not a good choice. still have to make motor and trans mounts . I'm thinking about doing a chop on mine .went this far might as well keep going . still have the frame hang on to it never know might want it some day. still got the flat head locked up but will hang on do it. little at a time .getting behind on work around the house. clad when it rains the i know its off to the garage. except loosing a days pay.but if your going to be home have to do something. thanks

1953 f100

got the motor mounts and tranney mount done. cut the front of the box off .still need to reatach it .just have the sheet medal setting on it . might be a little to low .think i should keep the fenders on or remove front clip and back fenders .any advice thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0057.jpg
    DSCF0057.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0059.jpg
    DSCF0059.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF0058.jpg
    DSCF0058.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0048.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0056.jpg
    DSCF0056.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 25
looks good to me -- i say leave everything on it and make up some running board step things for it -- also be sure to bolt that snazzy beagle hood ornament on good.

thanks still a lot of work to do. but now i know what direction I'm going . have to put it on hold until winter. driving dump truck .and lots of home projects keeping me busey. but have all winter to work on it have a heated garage . ya the little beagle is my helper . lay something down and off it goes still looking for wrenches and bolts . but hes my buddy life is good[cl

Looking good. I think it would be tough to make it a roadster and look right. If that is an Olds motor I don,t think you will be too disappointed, I have a 350 Olds and it is as good as a Chevy in my opinion just not as cheap.

Latest posts

Back