1954 Chevy 3100 chassis help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkaustin

I purchased a 1954 3100 long wheel base. I would like to cut bed down to Swb equivalence, and put body on possibly an S 10 chassis. My goal is to be able to put it down low on air bags. My first question is, what s 10 chassis should I be looking for? Short wheel Base/extended cab?
Or is there another option other than S 10?

X2^^^^^
Don't cut anything until you get the chassis you're going to use then, cut the bed to what ever length that makes the tires center in the wheel wells.

There is a company that sells a mount kit to bolt the AD cab to the S10 frame. A friend of mine just bought the kit, he is using a lwb I think, with a 4.3 auto. I can't remember the name of the company right now, but I'm sure somebody will come up with it.

You can also take the leaf spings and move back a couple of inches to just grind of rivets and put bolts in if you only have a short bed s-10
If u going with a wood stake bed on your truck than the short bed s-10 frame works fine

Here is the site

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back