1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radiator

Well, lookey, lookey.....I actually got something done! We (my buddy and I) got the croosmember finally finished and got the radiator mounted.[cl

Another friend gave me the radiator and it seems to be very clean and in good shape.....no apperent leaks.:D

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 55
Thanx

Thanks Ray.... I'm gettin kinda excited, ya know? Might have an organism....

Dirtyrat.....It's pretty strong. As low as it's gonna be, we hope it will take any bumps.......we shall see, I guess.

Neverdone. Yeah. all the front sheet metal hangs from this
crossmember......It'd better work.

Thanks much for the comments guys.[cl:D

Lynn

Man that thing looks like it belongs on a semi. It should andle any bump, moose , or anything else that gets in your way.[ddd Are you close to hangin the grill back on him? Not long before you will be ready to fire him up and breathe life into him!!![cl[dr

A little here and there...

Without complaining, let me just say ....ALLERGIES! Yeah, I know...wah...wah...wah.

Well, I am working on Buford as I can.. Mounting the fuel tank. I am using two crossmembers that originally held the front tank in place. I'm not gonna use that tank....only the rear tank. The crossmembers fit perfectly on the rear body mounts. Still gotta make braces to go across the top of the tank to secure it in place. Also gotta get some rubber material to go between the straps and tank.

Here are some not so great pics. Will get more soon.:(

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 33
Without complaining, let me just say ....ALLERGIES! Yeah, I know...wah...wah...wah.

Lynn

Lynn, I feel your pain on the alergies. Last year and this year the tree pollen's have been killin' me. Clarinex from a Dr. prescription did help out.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

401Ton,...for the encouragement (and sympathy....LOL). Yeah, ain't no runniin from them. Just keep building, huh?[dr<<<runny nose...lol.

Lynn

Fuel tank....

Fuel tank is mounted. I decided not to use the crossmembers that came off the van. They just UGLY! As you can see, I made the support/hangers from some 1"X2" tubing. Much happier with it.:D

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 41
Just a quick question, is the one taped up area in the middle of the tank where the sending unit would go? (or electric fuel pump assembly) if so, can you access that without dropping the tank?

Just a consideration, as it would be nice to be able to get at that without having to drop the tank...

Lookin good dude. What's next on your list to get done? Have you got anymore done on the door bottom? Keep up the good work and he'll be done in no time.

Lynn

Doin' a better job than Congress!

Hey Dirtyrat. Yeah the large opening is for the fuel pump and fuel guage. I am not going to put the pump back in cause the pressure will be too high for my carb. I'm gonna use an aftermarket pump (6-12#) on the frame rail. I am gonna put the unit back in for the fuel guage sending unit only. It will go in and out without dropping the tank. It has a couple sharp turns which allows you to get it in....another "better idea"???? LOL.:D

Thanks for asking cause quite often I miss the obviuos. Then I stand around and go.....DUH! Thanks again.:confused::confused:

Pugs. Next???? uhhh....let's see.....uhhhh....raise radiator a tad.....replace bottom of passenger door....finish inside paint....wiring....seats......bed.....tires...glass.....just to name a few! LOL. What month is this? What year?[;)

Lynn

Eating an Elephant.....

Hello Ray,
Naw, man, I'm so slow. I've got a friend who is helping me and that keeps me motivated. But I still got a long way to go. :eek:

We are really shooting for the Redneck Rumble in September. I hope we make it. Thanks for the reply. I look forward to your comments.[cl

Two bolts a day....

I scored a pair of tires for the rear. 2-33X12.50X15. They are off a wreck so they appear to be almost new. Would you believe $75 bucks for the pair. I also got a pair of 10 wide reversed 15 inch steel wheels. (Given to me by a friend.) I am having them sandblasted.:D:D

I painted my cab corner to match the rest of the patina. I am going to paint Buford all over with the Sierra Gold lightly. I'm gonna let some of the existing patina show thru so I wanted the underneath to be consistent. Turned out pretty good, huh?[cl

Attachments

• IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 52
Hope springs eternal....

Thanks guys
I know what I want....I just hope it turns out like I see it in my mind. I want it to look like it was painted 40 years ago and has been in a barn for the last 20. It won't be long now.[P

Thanks again.

Lynn

Latest posts

Back