1957 chevy COE car hauler

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JAmmerspeed. I will be following as I have had this in mind for a 59 LCF for a haul truck. Quick question on the width of the 81 1 ton front axle. How close was it to actual width on the 57? It looks from early stab of the cab that it fits with no "rub" issues. Also do you think you will have enough engine room or have to modify the firewall into the cab.? Great work so far so get busy so we can watch[P

here is a under hood shot for you... cab has no mounts in it yet... its just sitiing on the frame. you can see the where the motor mounts bolt in, just under where the floor meets the firewall. motor would have to be mover a ways forward... and i dont know if it would even really work then....So for my truck motor is going behind the cab !!![;)

Attachments

• Photo10191731.jpg
    Photo10191731.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 44
thought i would share a shot of the cab as i have been cleaning it... the top is what it looked like when i got it... theback of the cab is after i washed it with SOS pads... and the drivers side and drivers side cab corner is after i hit it with the buffer! nice patina!!!:D

Attachments

• Photo10171129.jpg
    Photo10171129.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 62
mid engine

there is a 40 something Chevy C 0 E with a custom made 20 foot bed that has the 454 chevy engine right behind the cab, looks really cool. next season l will try and get some pics of it.

Later :cool:

There is a 49 or so Ford in this area that is on a International school bus chassis, complete with the 'binder diesel engine. It has a sleeper from a large semi behind the cab, and the engine sits underneath it. It also has a wedge style flat bed on it. If I see it again, I'll try to get some pics for you. 26Troadster has probably seen it too, and may have some pics of it.

here is a under hood shot for you... cab has no mounts in it yet... its just sitiing on the frame. you can see the where the motor mounts bolt in, just under where the floor meets the firewall. motor would have to be mover a ways forward... and i dont know if it would even really work then....So for my truck motor is going behind the cab !!![;)

Plenty of room for hydraulics up there with no motor!

not a whole lot done this week... but some is better than none!!! frame is about 3 feet shorter now and the rear cab mounts are done.[;)

Attachments

• Photo10231629.jpg
    Photo10231629.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Photo10231631.jpg
    Photo10231631.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 60
not much done lately... but did pick up a truck i am going to swap some parts with between the cabover and it. i am swaping the rearends.... the coe has a open dana with 4:10's and drum brakes .... the crew cab has a dana with locker, 4:10's and disc drakes . i am also swaping the 16" wheels of the cabover for the 19.5's that are on the crew cab. then i think i might sell the crew cab ... i think the 19.5's will fill up the front wheel well better, and i like the looks of them on the old trucks with the low profile tires

Attachments

• Photo11030845_1.jpg
    Photo11030845_1.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Photo11030846_1.jpg
    Photo11030846_1.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 38
ya know with the right motor and trans that crew cab is a desirable truck to a lot of people...... and it doesn't even look in that rough of shape......

yeah... body isnt bad, it has a big block and a th400 with a 205 t-case... but they still are not worth anything... with gas prices, no one really wants a big block 4dr 4x4... but, someone could still buy it as a runner driver... i have other stuff to put back in it to keep it as complete as it is.

If I was closer and had a spot to put it, it would be worth something to me..... but then again I have always been told I am a little off.....

If I was closer and had a spot to put it, it would be worth something to me..... but then again I have always been told I am a little off.....

i have had some people interested in it, after i pull what i want.... some what the whole thing , and some what just parts....time will tell!

havent had time to work on the truck in the last couple of weeks... but did pick up a low milage tall deck (truck motor) 427 big block chev with a th400 trans. for it from a buddy of mine! complete air cleaner to pan... fan to trans yoke!

sounds like a sweet deal!!! I know of some one in Toledo that wants to off 2 diesel puck-ups real cheap if you would rather go that route....

thanks! ... but no thanks. i have a hard time putting a motor in my truck the the name of it starts with DIE...:D LOL nothing against them ... just not my thing. thanks again!!!

Latest posts

Back