1957 dodge d-100--finally

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was tore for a min.. The 440 runs and only needs a carb rebuild.. The hemi was found in a barn.. It turns over but needs a rebuild.. The hemi is freeeekin kool.. The hemi wins..

Hemi teardown has begun..

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6504.jpg
    IMG_6504.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7661.jpg
    IMG_7661.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 34
HELP

I am a first time builder and need someone to tell me what to do.. I cant get the crank pulley base off.. Heres a pic

any help would be great

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 20
I am a first time builder and need someone to tell me what to do.. I cant get the crank pulley base off.. Heres a pic

any help would be great

Skully, You'll need a puller to remove that. There are several types but something similar to the type pictured below are usually the cheapest. If the puller you obtain does not have a center bolt with the same thread size as the hole in your crank snout, thread your original crank bolt back into the crank and use the head of the bolt as the pressure point for your puller. There is an actual propper crank balancer removal installation tool, but the example shown will get it apart.

picked up some U.S. SLOT MAGS.. The guy bought them in 72 to but on a 70 charger, then a 64 dodge truck.. Gunna look KOOL on my 57

Attachments

• 15x10.jpg
    15x10.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 15x10-2.jpg
    15x10-2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 13
  • U.S.SLOTS.jpg
    U.S.SLOTS.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 14
  • U.S.SLOTS-2.jpg
    U.S.SLOTS-2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 15
Mr. G i did get lucky with finding the 57 and the hemi.. it all fell together.. my father in law has a hot rod shop in okc,ok. RENO ROD AND CUSTOM.. But soo far i have found my stuff myself.. He has a 6-71 blower that i hope i can make a sweet deal on.. fingers crossed.. Hope to hide the blower under the hood..

Stuck pistons

Use lots of marvel mistery oil down the bores top and bottom of the pistons, let em set a while then use a rubber hammer- be gentle- hemi pistons arent cheap, u might be able to reuse, but if ur planning on puttin some shiny gold coins in er just use a big hammer:)

STUDEBAKER, thanks for the tip!! I am tryin to make a deal on a 6-71 supercharger, soo i might need new pistons anyway.. crossin fingers wishin its a good deal..

Found some new Torque Thrust-D wheels for a good price.. Brand new still in the box.. 15x7's and 15x10's..

Attachments

• TORQUE THRUST-D.jpg
    TORQUE THRUST-D.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back