1961 f100 unibody

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
292 v8's A DAMN GOOD (intermediate sized) ENGINE!
only thing comes close is the 300 six

I made a little progress but don't have picks. I think that I am not going to chop the top now. Not enough room it that cab. I do think I will cut most of the roof away and make a removable soft top with a couple of bows to hold it up in the center. It is also getting a flame thrower exhaust out the rear.

Progress.

Attachments

• f 100 002.jpg
    f 100 002.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 52
  • f 100 001.jpg
    f 100 001.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 52
I made a little progress but don't have picks. I think that I am not going to chop the top now. Not enough room it that cab. I do think I will cut most of the roof away and make a removable soft top with a couple of bows to hold it up in the center. It is also getting a flame thrower exhaust out the rear.

Those cabs seem small but it's the high floor. Something to think about... get the gas tank out from behind the seat. You'll have more room and you could build some seats with a real thin backrest. Mount 'em low and way back ,see how that is.
I always wanted to make My 61 uni. into a convertable... with a removable steel top. Sold the truck tho .

Anyone heard of this Crown Vic swap?

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/716058-buildup-06-crown-vic-front-suspension-into-67-f100.html

This thread on Ford-trucks.com explains it all.

I am not 100% sure that this will work for your truck but I have a pretty solid, really straight 1969 Ford short box truck that I am going to put a Crown Vic front end under.

I found a front end already removed from a car for $350, and it looks like a pretty easy project. All aluminum crossmember, disk brakes, and rack and pinion steering. Check it out!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/716058-buildup-06-crown-vic-front-suspension-into-67-f100.html

I am not 100% sure that this will work for your truck but I have a pretty solid, really straight 1969 Ford short box truck that I am going to put a Crown Vic front end under.

I found a front end already removed from a car for $350, and it looks like a pretty easy project. All aluminum crossmember, disk brakes, and rack and pinion steering. Check it out!

Dude, thanks for the link. That just kicks ass!:cool:[P

Regards,
Shea:)

I was eyeballing one just the other week on a state troopers car I was working on. it is a sweet setup.

Those cabs seem small but it's the high floor. Something to think about... get the gas tank out from behind the seat. You'll have more room and you could build some seats with a real thin backrest. Mount 'em low and way back ,see how that is.
I always wanted to make My 61 uni. into a convertable... with a removable steel top. Sold the truck tho .

The tank was one of the first things to be removed from the cab. I will think about it more befor I make up my mind. But not looking to good for the chop top. I am 5'11" and a small cab is a small cab.

I'm 6'2 and I would guess if I dropped the seat 2" I could still fit in a 4" chop. Not too sure how comfy it would be, but I think I'd still have headroom.

Thanks, Shae, Once we get started on it...I will try to do a better job documenting the swap. Sofa King, I think there is a ton of police cars, highway patrol cars, etc with these front ends around. If a guy was so inclined, the whole engine (fuel injected) and computer would be a great swap. I'd rather have it kinda old school, but with a better ride. PLUS, I am gonna try to do it semi-low budget. All in all, it looks like a great way to go. I will keep you all posted...

looking for cop car??

Might have a couple of 05's coming up for bids..... email me if interested and I'll get you the info.... usually go a lot cheaper than buying them off the lots.... sold some of our 01's for 1500..... 1/3 the price on the used lots at the time..... sold quick.....

61 uni

Hey um why not put a TTB set up in out of a 65-79 F-100 - 150, it will fit. Now to get it down you patch and weld up the twin beam holes on the crossmember and re drill about an inch higher. Dont go any higher or you will bottom out the beams on the crossmember. For springs you can dare I say heat or cut the coils:( or get some lowering springs. I used this method to lower my 65 F-100 with good results we also did the ttb conversion on a 64 to get rid of the solid beam and a better ride quality. When I get my next 65-66 truck or 61-63 unibody this is the rout im going to take but im gona use bags this time arround, just to make life easier.

Love these trucks will be following.

Latest posts

Back