1969 international harvester loadstar COE hot rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
how many here watch the show GEARZ with stacey david? that show builds some cool rides.

the latest project is a 1969 international harvester loadstar COE (cab over engine) single axle big rig truck. the motor is a diesel out of a 2001 chevy truck. the power plant and allision tranny were totally reworked by PPE in california.
stacey said they got the motor to pump out 600 hp and about 1350 fpt[dr

the build just started this week-end on the show l watched, l will really be intersted on how this big hot rod turns out. the truck will be lowered and a few other mods, details are here at;

http://www.gearztv.com/projects/heavymetal.html.

all l have is dial-up right now, so if someone visits the gearz site and wants to post pics, go ahead, it's ok with me:cool:

Later[P

Last edited:
l have dirict tv satelite and channel 607 is speed, GEARZ is on friday mornings at 12 am.
//or if your'e like me, l set the VCR for 11:59 thursday night and record it.:D

Later:cool:

I have watched Stacey David since I was a little kid on Trucks, those were great shows. I have tried to follow him on Gearz. He is kinda corny, but I really like watching his shows. I just set my DVR to record.

Thanks for the heads up, seems like a pretty cool project.

free parts

the reverend muddy grimes; . I think the ford would work better because ford diesels are at least made by international.[/QUOTE said:
l did not know that IH supplied ford there diesels.

but free parts are good if you can use'em. if sponsers gave me all my parts l'd put in whatever they wanted me to use too:Dhahhahahhaaaaaa.

I look at it as the golden rule:

''THE G0LDEN RULE STATES''

"he who has the gold, makes the rules."

and the sponsers have the gold, so they make the rules.

it's still a good thing to save a neat truck from being crushed.

Later:cool:

The IHC looks like a GMC

I have wanted to do a 379 Pete with corvette dash and single round headlights, single axle for so loooong. Found some nice trucks (most in CA. to start the build for $5-8 thousand.

The big problem is the Insurance and tags. They will not reclassify a commercial vehicle. Tags and Insurance are out of sight for these tractors. So I have given up and settle on the "Bugeye Project"

If I could figure that one out I would start on a 12' high garaged shop and sell my other projects

Here is what he is said about it on the site.

It's a 1969 International loadstar cabover truck with a single rear axle and a super short wheelbase. This will be kind of a sister vehicle to SGT. ROCK. With the cabover design, this thing will look like a little fat Bulldog, or a Unimog on serious steroids!

I am calling this project "HEAVY METAL" to showcase those of us that work with metal... but also ANYBODY that is a craftsman and works with their hands. Since this is a Navy vehicle, I am getting the BLUE ANGELS involved and had the honor of flying with them in March 2010 - 7.5Gs...what a thrill!

I literally found it at a junkyard and they happily delivered it to us at no charge. One man's junk is another man'tals treasure!

Latest posts

Back