1980 kawasaki

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
been crazy busy for some time now at work ... put my truckster project on hold till i find a mail jeep like i want... so i picked up a couple bikes.. finally decided on one to keep and modify [;) so ... heres where its starting...
440.jpg

well, like i said- work got real busy -- and the kids had sports and everything else that i somehow became coach, just seemed like i had zero free time --

ive got some sort of image in my head that i guess is a bobber -- nothing too extreme though - Ive never been a fan of "choppers" so it leans away from that style and more towards a cafe-ish bobber... - i dont have a "real plan" just gonna start going down it and figuring it out --- it runs fantastic so that is definitely a plus ..

swapped out handle bars, went flat black, removed logos ... cut out what will be the new seat for it -- just gotta get to hammering it into shape, covering it and mounting it now....

I would cut everything off behind the shocks then raise the top shock mounts or get shorter shocks to lower it in back. You would love the improvement in handling and sitting low.Really like those wheels and the stock pipes look good.

I would cut everything off behind the shocks then raise the top shock mounts or get shorter shocks to lower it in back. You would love the improvement in handling and sitting low.Really like those wheels and the stock pipes look good.
that was the original plan--but everyone does it and i like the length it gives it -- plus im trying to figure a way to still have the back seat for the wife.
=== all else fails - ill just chop it off haha

Latest posts

Back