1st build, 1933 olds rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks everyone.

bob w. that is my first set, lol. the pass side is a little off from the drivers side but no one will notice.

well i got some more done today.

i debated about air bags, front spring, air bags, front spring. well i had the spring. i did a mock up to see how far it would drop last night, with it relaxed its 14" tall. i knew i couldnt hide that anywhere. but since i did the mock up it came out great and it wasnt as tall. so i then fabed the front cross member finialy, lol. got it mounted, pulled the axle back 2 more inches. i didnt get a new wheel base yet, tomorrow.

axle002.jpg

axle003.jpg

axle005.jpg

axle007.jpg

i also worked on my front grill shell, if you remember it was hit on one side. i flipped it around a couple of times to see where would be a good place to cut it to releave some pressure so i could bring it back. i got it close and need to do some more hammering but ill get it close. i also have to chop it down some, but that will come later, i might even widen it a couple inches as well.

axle008.jpg

Radius rods

That looks a good design idea cutting a bend in the front radius rods to pull them in tighter to the frame...thumbbuster:d

Last edited:
today progress. i got a 66 stang steering box with attached column. so i took the column off and started from there. i made a mount for the steering box, and the rest was to follow. also made my own steering column.

pics below

steering002.jpg

steering011.jpg

steering004.jpg

steering005.jpg

Last edited:
That 'beavertail' is called a 'bustle back'... referred to the big dresses worn by women in the early 20th century.

oh boy, going to cut it off now, lol

Nice build! You have built many other cars , right? You have talent that really impresses me, I feel like a hack after seeing your work.

this is my first build, thank you.

i was thinking about adding guessts on the radius rods. we will see.

here some progress and pics. i got the framing for the rear of the inside done, sheets cut and placed. i also got the rough iron for the rear windows installed. i also made and installed the body mounts yesterday and today.

mount002.jpg

mount004.jpg

mount005.jpg

i also rolled it out of the garage and clean, cleaned, cleaned the dam floor, lol what a mess tools and steel every where. i also moved it to the other side of the garage so i can lift the body off and finish welding under the body and lower frame. couple more welds on the frame, a bit on the body and that part will be done.

mount006.jpg

mount007.jpg

i also worked on the fuel tank mount, lower rear frame rails and other things. i also got stuff today to lay out the brake lines and 1 vacume line for the booster.

mount011.jpg

mount012.jpg

Keep the updates coming.......

Really impressive build. Thanks for keeping the flow of pics coming. Great details! My friend hasn't really been able to get started on his 33 Olds sedan yet, but I'll keep him up on yours since his computer set up is so slow. Thanks again! ! ! ! !

Latest posts

Back