1st build, 1933 olds rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well we came to the conclusion that the cam is shot, rocker stands are shot. i going to look at the motor down the road and talk to the guy. i want to get a feel for him and if he will write me a reciept for the garentee of the motor. if he will i will fork over the cash and put it in tomorrow night to try it out. if all goes good ill be done, if not it will go back to him the next day and i wil buy a reman engine.

Just read your complete build thread and that was a plan that came together. Nice build and workmanship. It amazes me that some people cant look past the patina and see the workmanship that goes into one of theese cars. Great JOB![cl[cl[cl

thank you annamel.

well i went and got that 500 motor that was garanteed. brought it home and put it in thursday. that night when i fired it up it was a knockin. called the dude up and he came over to hear it. he stood there and forked over my 5 bills and i went into the house mad and sad. well today i stopped over a buddies house and told him my luck. he brought up a posiablity that i did think of and when i got home he was right. the oil pan had a big enough dent in the bottom of it that the roads were catching the pan. i riped it back out and fixed the pan, put new gaskets on it and filled with freash oil. im back in buisness now and i can drive my creation. im going to get ahold of the guy i got the motor off of and pay him again. it just wouldnt be right to not do so.

im a happy rat camper now.

allready did. burned about a quarter of a tank today driving around. short runs and had a blast. now if ohio can do something with there roads it would be a treat.

thats pretty stand up of you to pay him again.. glad u got your engine woes all sorted out

an update, i installed the grill, seat belts, historical plates, plate light, front windshield, removed the screw that got in my nice new tire and pluged it (****ed me off), got my turn signals working and started on my rear view mirror mount. ill see if i can get it out today for some pics.

well here are some shots other than it in my garage and home. i just added the dual quad intake. had to repair some threads and rebuild the carbs, but for the price im still ahead than buying new.

i figure it would feel at home next to some weeds and trees, being that is where it sat much of its life.

done021.jpg

done002.jpg

done008.jpg

done013.jpg

great job on car,i have been watchen the build from out side the box,wish i had your talent to take this car and put it back on the road were it belongs.
new member ace33

Latest posts

Back