1st build, 1933 olds rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deerchopper i to have 1933 olds and had asperations to rod it, but got into it and found it to be to much together not to restore it ,mabe next time i can find a cool ride to try my own rat ideas on here is a couple looks at my 33.

Attachments

• 100_0572_thumb - Copy.jpg
    100_0572_thumb - Copy.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_0572_thumb.jpg
    100_0572_thumb.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 38
thanks everyone. oh yea its fun to drive. i hate the gas stations thou, ppl keep asking what color and cant wait to see it done, lol.

ace, can you post larger pics of yours?

thanks everyone. oh yea its fun to drive. i hate the gas stations thou, ppl keep asking what color and cant wait to see it done, lol.

ace, can you post larger pics of yours?

Don't sweat it, most of 'em just want to show interest, but don't know exactly what to say. So what color are you going to paint it when you finish it? [ddd

ace33 picture enlarge try#1

hey! deerchopper i will try to enlarge ! just click on image and it should inlarge

Attachments

• MACE10 203.jpg
    MACE10 203.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 37
  • body (9).jpg
    body (9).jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_0572_sized.jpg
    100_0572_sized.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 39
thanks guys

ive done some more to it the last week or so. ill get some pics up soon.

ive been driving it alot lately, the whole point right?

well heres my first update with pics.

i had a little frame to front axle slap from time to time on our wonderfull ohio roads. well i fixed that by getting me some extra frame clearance. i put a 1/2" shim on the spring but that really didnt help much. so i cut it and rewelded a new piece in to add the strengh back.

old33003.jpg

old33004.jpg

old33006.jpg

a couple weeks ago me and the wife got caught in a small rain shower just miles from home. i said to her that isnt going to happen again, lol. i had this vynal for some time and i figures it was time to figure out how to make a cover. so i wraped 1" sq tubing under the orginal opening, added snaps to both and air'go a removable top. i also made 2 wooden bows out of oak that i would like to stain for looks.

old33005.jpg

thanks guys

ive done some more to it the last week or so. ill get some pics up soon.

ive been driving it alot lately, the whole point right?

exactly!!

Yep, what rainman said [cl I enjoy the build threads but when I get my Willys on the road I think I'll start a "cruising thread".........you know, here's a pic loading groceries, here we are stopping for gas, drove the Rat Rod to our family reunion etc. etc.
Nice job on the top......would love to have had a pic of you two in the rain :D

what happened to those bad ass wheels?! and I woulda chopped it but I'm glad you didnt the world needs some stock roof hot rods and thats a damn nice one. great work lots of pics two thumbs up no I gotta lok over your truck thread

Latest posts

Back