2002 ford ranger computer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stovebolt

ok i have a question. working on a truck for a customer and cant get it to start. what i'm doing is building a 36 ford crew cab pickup on a stretched 2002 ranger 4whl drive frame.( i know but its what the customer wants.) right now we are not getting juice to injectors to open them up to get fuel to cylinders. we are getting gas to engine. i'm being told there is a anti theft sensor that recognizes chip in key and then turns on poower thru computer. i dont have that sensors and cant seem to find 1. gone to ford,salvage ,etc. i was told i can have computer reprogrammed to by pass anti theft signal. anyone know where i can have this done. thanks

2002 has the PATS anti theft system, it worked using a special key with a transponder built in that was read by a deal in the steering column. From what I understand, you have to have the whole system in order for it to work. You might be able to get the harness for a 98 or earlier and the matching computer and use that, PATS started on the 99's.

For more info, go to www.therangerstation.com

They have a lot of info over there.

went to the ranger station and so far no help. anyone else. people keep telling me i can reprogram computer ,but no one knows where to send it

alot of the time the signal to the ecu is 5 volts. So there is a complicated circuit to detect the correct key, but the output is probably just a 5 volt. I would open the ecu and find the pin that connects and give it 5 volts. If that works you can tie into one of the switched circuits.

(see at www.BYPASSMODULES.com), Supossedly this will override your theft system. Might check it out. I have had several gm computers reprogrammed at a place in Texas. If you still need a place I'll have to go to the shop and dig up a receipt as I can't find there name on google.

Kurt

Latest posts

Back