26/27 Ford Tudor Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busteddrum

Just brought it home and hoping to get started soon. it came with patch panels for the cowl, 1/4s, and back below the rear window. Doors are good. original fuel tank under the dash is good too. Definitely going to be channeled on a z'd air ride frame, maybe chopped to delete the header over the windshield maybe more or a lot more. I have a few power options laying around. Engines; '03 5.3 lm4, '91 454, '89 305, '70 350, '60s 327. Transmissions; 4l80e, 700r4, old iron case 4sp. There is an old Buick straight 8 available for $500..Any advice will be appreciated. I figured out how to resize the photos but not post them to the body of the post yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1111edited.jpg
    IMG_1111edited.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1107edited.jpg
    IMG_1107edited.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1110edited.jpg
    IMG_1110edited.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1109edited.jpg
    IMG_1109edited.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1097edited.jpg
    IMG_1097edited.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1095edited.jpg
    IMG_1095edited.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1087edited.jpg
    IMG_1087edited.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 49
Just brought it home and hoping to get started soon. it came with patch panels for the cowl, 1/4s, and back below the rear window. Doors are good. original fuel tank under the dash is good too. Definitely going to be channeled on a z'd air ride frame, maybe chopped to delete the header over the windshield maybe more or a lot more. I have a few power options laying around. Engines; '03 5.3 lm4, '91 454, '89 305, '70 350, '60s 327. Transmissions; 4l80e, 700r4, old iron case 4sp. There is an old Buick straight 8 available for $500..Any advice will be appreciated. I figured out how to resize the photos but not post them to the body of the post yet.

sick project bro! thats what i was looking for before i foung my 46 ford pickup. cant wait to see it come to life!:cool:[;)

Looks like it's pretty straight, good gas tank's a bonus.
Best thing is a site like Photo Bucket to put pics then you can insert them in the body of the post.

Jim

This is the car

that got me warmed up for rat rods. It looks like a shortened 4 door so his wheelbase is close to stock. If I did this to my tudor, making it a longer wheel base (maybe 18" or so) do you think it will goof up the driving characteristics or cause more high siding problems?

Idealratrod2.jpg

Idealratrod1.jpg

Idealratrod5.jpg

Busteddrum, the only problem with going with the straight eight is the adapter plates. The only place they are available is Bendtsens Transmissions, and they cost $1,000. They bolt any chevy trans, manual or auto, to the buick and are of excellent quality. The kit comes with adapter plates, mini starter, flex plate or flywheel (extra charge) crank adapter and all bolts. Hope this helps.

Hey nice start i have the same rod. i also have a build on here an it is FOR SALE [cl Good luck with your project

that got me warmed up for rat rods. It looks like a shortened 4 door so his wheelbase is close to stock. If I did this to my tudor, making it a longer wheel base (maybe 18" or so) do you think it will goof up the driving characteristics or cause more high siding problems?

Idealratrod2.jpg

Idealratrod1.jpg

Idealratrod5.jpg
Any more info on this rod

Looks like a good start,i have the same car and have been gathering pieces for a few years.Hopefully i can get started on it in the spring when i finish up my 54 pontiac.So far i have a frame with a 10 inch kickup in the rear,set up for a spring behind drop axle up front.Power will come from a 390 ford and c-6 combo that i pulled from an old t bird.I may stroke the motor out to a 434 version.9 inch rear end,pulled from the same t-bird.Gonna chop it a bunch and channel it cause i want it long and low.Mine has a solid cowl,doors needed lowers done so i found an extra set of super solid ones.Also rounded up a spare cowl and complete rear body section.Now just rounding up the funds to purchase the suspension pieces and get building.Good luck with the build.

Hey Cowboy, good luck on your build. Sounds like you are collecting some great parts.

I am also at the collecting stage. I have been changing directions as parts come up. I bought a complete '93 Seville donor car that I wanted to stuff the entire northstar unit in the back seat of the Tudor something like the '37 IH PU I have seen here.

Last edited:
Still Collecting parts

Picked up a blower for the northstar engine off the "bay" and will get it tomorrow. still deciding what wheels and tires to use. Marv on the KB site did some drawings for a short wheelbase with the northstar in the back seat. I like it but not sure if I would like the full hood and longer wheel base better. Take a look and tell me what you think.

26Tudor-Chopped-NoHood-smallersize.jpg

Bro that is badass!! I really dig the snub nose and short wheelbase!! It's way different than anything out there!!!!

Last edited:
LD13- I originally was going to do the snub nose with a pickup bed but liked this better. I just about have to go with cowl steering. Here is another shot with airbags in the back only:

26Tudor-CabForwardConcept-1.gif

wish I had seen that I started building my t sedan. I am to far into the build to start over. Besides I would really like to get it finished by May this year.

Latest posts

Back