27 chevy p/u

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i sure as hell aint no fabricator/mechanic/hotrod genius.

Me neither, I'm just cheap and foolhardy. You better have plenty of pics when it gets dropped off! (and maybe sneak one in of your sweetie - your killin' us with all the boob talk and no pics! :D)

Driving with both feet doesn't take much to get used to, as long as none of your other cars have a clutch. It sucks getting confused and slamming the brakes because your trying to push the clutch (don't ask... :eek:)

REMEMBER: Lots of pictures or a video!!!

THIS IS THE ONLYONE I GOT THAT SHE WILL LET ME POST.

oct18022.jpg

i have a LOT of grinding and sanding to get all the rust/paint off.
and i will be using body filler to get it as straight as possible.
then a satin black paint job with fire engine red trim.
it will never be a raging beauty.
but i think it'll make up for it in ballsiness (is that a word?)
i still have to wire the lights
but the engine is wired and it is drivable right now.

exhaust037.jpg

exhaust036.jpg

exhaust035.jpg

exhaust034.jpg

i just took it for a spin on my looong driveway.
if i even think about pushin on the skinny pedal.
it takes off!
i am gonna hafta be careful with this thing.....

exhaust038.jpg

exhaust039.jpg

exhaust032.jpg

exhaust040.jpg

Man, this set of pics really shows what a fine overall look you and your mentor achieved. I've enjoyed following your build the whole way.
Keep in mind that if you are a little cramped in there you are cruising in a one of a kind hot rod that you built. It's worth a little discomfort to be that cool.

Man, this set of pics really shows what a fine overall look you and your mentor achieved. I've enjoyed following your build the whole way.
Keep in mind that if you are a little cramped in there you are cruising in a one of a kind hot rod that you built. It's worth a little discomfort to be that cool.

thanks buddy
yeah
J.P. has the eye for proportions.
that guy knows what he is doing.
it is cool to talk to a guy that knows so much about cars.
he remembers what specs are on all kinds of engines
or just random stuff.
knows by heart what to do and how to do it.

My hat's off to you and your mentor, that truck is very kool.
Here's my ole 31 I built a couple years back.:)

Attachments

• 0424163222.jpg
    0424163222.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 0424163312.jpg
    0424163312.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 0424163920.jpg
    0424163920.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 59

i do have to take the steering wheel off to get into it.

i never in my wildest dreams thought i'd say this.

thank god i am short and scrawny!

3 coats of body filler on the roof and sanded the cab (i am keepin the bullet holes)
wiped her down with acetone and gloss black bombed it.
tomorrow the bed.

exhaust048.jpg

exhaust049.jpg

Hey billy,
Took me 2 days to read thru this build.:eek:JP and you did a Great Job. I wasn't sure about the roof, like the use of recycled materials, BUT the Visor brings it all together[cl Didn't you say something about RED Paint incorporated into the body[S RU thinking of doing some kind of lettering on the doors? Great Truck.....for a piece at a time[dr Later--John T.

Hey billy,
Took me 2 days to read thru this build.:eek:JP and you did a Great Job. I wasn't sure about the roof, like the use of recycled materials, BUT the Visor brings it all together[cl Didn't you say something about RED Paint incorporated into the body[S RU thinking of doing some kind of lettering on the doors? Great Truck.....for a piece at a time[dr Later--John T.

yeah
i want red pinstriping on both sides of those trim lines (i think thats what they are called.)
the raised stripes that run around the cab.
and i want them to outline the chevrolet letters of the emblem on the tailgate.

it is cold these days and my garage isn't insulated.
so i made a tent (tarp walls and ceiling )around the car and put an electric oil filled heater in there.
i decided to go with the mechanical lever brake light switch.
it will be here today and i will fab up something to make it work.
i think i have everything i need to finish up the wiring.

this wiring job is a breeze you guys.
1 no fenders ,running boards or anything else to get in the way
2 i have aready used this brand harness and turn signal switch when i wired the willys
3 i have a garage to do it in!

Latest posts

Back