28 Model A PU hot rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gacannon

I use spring over front and rear. The front shocks I started off with are heavy duty and they don't bounce around much.

I took the front shocks off to see if the leaf let the wheels bounce up and down with out shocks and they certainly did.

I bought a set of pete and jakes hot rod shocks. Just plane front shocks.

The P&J's provide a much better ride and you can see quite a bit of movement in the shocks going down a bumpy road. However, the rod now shifts weight on the front end and handling in curves is highly affected in a negative way.

I do not currently a Panhard bar on the front or rear. With the higher resistance shocks, the rod handles great in curves and overall. Other drivers compliment how well it handles and several of those guys are qualified drivers of performance cars.

Is there a compromise to be had. The pete and jakes provided a great ride when going straight down the road, but when turning or abrupt steering movements are introduced, the rod shifts weight instantly and I do not like it at all.

Have the stiffer shocks on it again now. I would rather have a harder ride and better handling.

Any suggestions welcome.

Poor mans budget.

Bob in ga.

Latest posts

Back