29,30,31, Model A Coupe, Roadster, Super Patina, Rat Rod Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi 27.
You have a very similar set up to mine, which is a 1930 roadster with a '30 pick-up cab for the front. My take on the reveal lines is this, the roadsters have different reveals that the pick-ups and closed cars. To mess with your head a bit, I think the reveals are different between the two different factories. Briggs and Murray.
My front truck doors look like yours, but my '30 roadster back end is slightly different from yours and my future front end, but you'll see that my rough roadster door reveals match the back end.
I have just slid my pick-up front end around the front of the roadster.

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 41
Not much to report from this weekend, I picked up an S10 rear end, but It's a little narrow for the build, so its for sale. I'm also going to look at a ford FE-360 engine and 4 spd. Trans for it.

I'm considering channeling the frame through the body to lower the overall body height, anyone on here done it with a model A on here? Pros / Cons / pics ???

Got some cool stuff for the build, wheels, headlights & mounts, tail lights, mirrors, my "new" seats, a few misc. other pieces and a steering wheel. I'm planning to go pick up my frame tomorrow. I'm not posting pics of the headlights till the build is finished (they're top secret).[ddd But I will say that when I found em' they had me drooling all over myself. [dr I knew I had found "THE" head lights for the build.

Here's a few pics though...

Last edited:
I picked up my frame Saturday, It's a 1930 Model AA truck frame, planning to go get a 1986 posi Camaro rear end tonight with 3.73 gears in it. I'm kinda set on narrowing the frame and channeling it thru the body.

With a lil luck I'll have a roller soon. :)

Last edited:
Got my rear end last night, It's a 2.73:1 posi, it should make for a good cruising car at moderate RPMs.

couple more update...

1st off, I "got" my title. I'm titling the car as a 1928 "DURANT" convertible [ddd

2nd... I went to the junk yard today and ALMOST got my engine, I got it all unbolted, fuel lines cut, wires cut/disconnected, engine lift hooked up and... the friggin' engine don't wanna come out. It's already partially separated from the trans, but the torque converter is still engaged with the trans. I gotta go back to finish pulling it first thing in the morning. Oh yeah, did I mention it's a Ford COBRA 302 engine with the FE heads. Hell Yeah, it outta be awesome in my lil roadster ratrod.[cl

I'll post a bunch of pics with all my current goodies soon.

Last edited:
thanks man, yep I've been busy. Here's a few pics...

Here's an emblem I got off Egay for the car... Pretty cool piece. Apparently Durant called their roadsters a "Coupster" in an attempt to compete with Ford.

Here's my posi rear axle I got off of craigslist...

My "new" seats for the car...

Last but not least... The Heart of the RAT... Ford COBRA 302 with the GT40P heads.

I gotta get all that crap off the engine and make it look like a motor again.

Last edited:
I ordered a Parker Funnel Web 4bbl intake for my 302 yesterday. I heard It's a great intake, planning to buy a Holley 600 double pump carb next. :D

I ordered a Parker Funnel Web 4bbl intake for my 302 yesterday. I heard It's a great intake, planning to buy a Holley 600 double pump carb next. :D

I've got a freshly rebuilt Holley 750 vacuum secondary that I am about to list on Efraid . It has been completely gone through with brass floats and quality parts. Ready to go. Pm if interested. Like the looks of that motor. Ought to be bad.

Thanks, but I think the 600 will be about perfect. I am looking for some lake style headers though. The style that come straight off the engine and end about at the front of the doors, halfway up the body.

Also... I'm planning to run a suicide style front axle set up. Can I mount it off my stock frame horns if I box em or do I need to cut em off and make stronger horn sections?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back