29 ford starts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John I don't mean to be a pain, but you're front wishbones need to be able to move a little bit laterally, or you may be breaking those bolts. You will get some laterall movement even though you're running short shackles. If I'm wrong someone can correct me.

chopper: I will look into the doors for you. I may have access to a few doors. The sunvisor is going to be built from scratch.

The front will have lateral movement. The end that bolts into the frame is on a hyme joint. That should give it enough movement.

no it is not going to move there. The front end is made to move up and down not side to side. The point at were it meets the axle is not a pivot point. The pivot points are were it meets the spring and frame. Answer that right?

You are right in you're concept but there will be side to side movement, not much but some. There lies you're problem. If the bones are fixed to the axle eventually they will break. Look at a stock set-up and you will see what I mean. Like I said before I'm not knockin you're work just want to try and save you some grief.

I will look into that for sure rainman. I am not taking it as a knocking. I appreciate the advise.

few update pics. rear doors tacked
1929ford029.jpg

1929ford030.jpg

1929ford032.jpg

1929ford033.jpg

'58 and that will be a shop truck more or less someday. That is were my straight axle came from. The shop is top notch for sure. Vary close friend of mine built it last summer.

Things are really taking shape!
Have ya had any luck on the doors or henges for me yet?[chopper tom]
What are your doors off of ? looks like four door ,the window openings are a lot taller thean the coupes? I really like the way the tall glass is gonna look!

the doors are from a 27 sedan. The rear doors are going to be made to look the same as the front. The curve will be taken out of it.

Your doors. To be honest I forgot all about it. I will give the guy a call tonight or stop by his house...sorry

doors

Hey, that car/truck is going to be way cool. Love the tall T doors. Nice touch. It will look awesome, kinda like the monsters car on TV from years ago. :) Keep up the great work. Perley

it has been a while since i have posted update pics on my build. Summer tends to slow things down with riding wheelers and other activities. Here are a few updates are of how it sits now.

1929ford035.jpg

1929ford036.jpg

1929ford042.jpg

1929ford041.jpg

well I thought I would add a few more pics of the progress. Added the supports for the rear and side tin. Also made a visor for the front.

1929ford044.jpg

1929ford045.jpg

1929ford049.jpg

well its has been a long time since I have both posted anything on this truck or been on this site. Took a little vacation from this build to get a few other projects done. Here is a few updates. Starting the truck bed sometime this weekend.
1929ford076.jpg

1929ford078.jpg

1929ford077.jpg

wow awsome metal work need more updates im building a "4" door 50 chevy but its more like an extended cab it will have one rear seat mainly for my dog lilie i wish i could find older tin like that but im not in the rust belt lol hard to even find doors i could probably make the flat panels but im just not up for building a complete body anyways good work

Latest posts

Back