29 sedan delivery, flame job?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsibley

Well, What do you think?

Attachments

• 100_1883.jpg
    100_1883.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_1936.jpg
    100_1936.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_1938.jpg
    100_1938.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 103
that is way sweet!!! what black paint did you use and did you take it all the way down to the metal before spraying? i have heard of people just roughing the rust up enough to adhear to certain areas to create the patina look and then allow nature to take care of the rest in time.

that is way sweet!!! what black paint did you use and did you take it all the way down to the metal before spraying? i have heard of people just roughing the rust up enough to adhear to certain areas to create the patina look and then allow nature to take care of the rest in time.

I sandblasted the car to bare metal.Primed it and wet sanded itin 220 grit. the paint is actually kinda like a metalic dark gray. i used 2 parts gloss black uerethane, and 2 parts silver base coat.

Jim, Eveerything you build turns out so nice. I think you have a special gift. Your Chevy Coupe with the 'W' motor is my favorite. I hope to see it in person some day.

Jim, Eveerything you build turns out so nice. I think you have a special gift. Your Chevy Coupe with the 'W' motor is my favorite. I hope to see it in person some day.

Thanks a lot. Feel free to come by any time. Hell, I should be driving it in a couple of weeks. We could go for a ride.

what paint did you use for the flames?

I went to my local paint store and bought strong yellow and strong red toners, with a little binder to make them sprayable. I mixed them to make the orange. This was all done in base coat and I cleared over them with urethane clear. The pinstriping is done in 1 shot.

finished it, drove it, love it. 2 months

Attachments

• 100_2837.jpg
    100_2837.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_1990.jpg
    100_1990.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_2839.jpg
    100_2839.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts