29 tudor roof filler doner car ideas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you lived in Houston, I'd give you one!

My 29 Tudor came with a top from an S-10 blazer (not the full size) that had been cut out of a junkyard truck. It seems to fit perfectly and has ribs on the back section for strength. I think it would look sharp but I want a canvas snap-top instead for those 70 degree Houston winters.

I've heard 80's minivans are the only way to go..

basically free, some ribbed and contoured, some smooth

turn it around and you've got the perfect curve into the D pillar!

want it cheap and no bodywork or welding? cover it in upholstry vinyl, glue in on there, then use snaps to attatch it..

now you've got a removable covered top for like $50

Am i the only one who loves the fact the old model a's/etc have an open roof? I feel when you weld a newer roof in it takes away from the feel of the old cars..

Your A is fairly flat, I guess it's mostly a question of whether you want to see those ribs in it that are on van roofs. Personally, I think a smooth filled roof looks better, though it's probably trickier to get it smooth.
I'm on the hunt right now for a donor for my 34 Cadillac, dont want ribs but it's really a more rounded shape, problem is most newer cars are pretty flat...

Roof filler?

I used a roof from a 80's ford arostar van and worked out real well!
Old pic and recent pic! Not real good shots ....sorry!

Attachments

• 29 with 6'' chop.jpg
    29 with 6'' chop.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 37
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 41
80's Lincoln town car works for a smooth one when turned around but it is about 6" short in the front.

have fun
Tom

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back