31 Studebaker

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace

Guys needs some advice.I have the chance to own a 1931 studebaker 4 door sedan. [PIs patch panels hard to find?Easy to work on,parts availability,cool project??Its in suprisingly good shape:no interior,dash is intact with original steering wheel,no wheels but the rest looks complete.Advice,comments or concerns???

31 what????

I saw one of those years ago not sure if it was a 31 but it was a huge car. Patch panels lots of luck on that. Fords aplenty some GM other then that you looking at a custom job. I’m sure there are plenty out there who could make one but they would need the car to fabricate what you need.

Have fun
tom

If it's a good enough deal

I would hit it... Those years, metal fabrication was crude. The good thing about that, it isn't that hard to hand fabricate panels. I have made my own panels for Fords of that era (even tho anything is readily available for those) with simple made brakes, and body tools. I think it would make a cool looking rod IMHO.

I did all my own patch panels for my Model A also,that stuff is not that hard to do if you have a little skill.I would go for it,dont see many of those.

31 stude

I just did a google search and lookie what came up, that will make a very cool car, go for it.

Attachments

• 31studebaker54---04.jpg
    31studebaker54---04.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Yea what was funny is I bought a new Mag and that car was in it.It's the ne:Dw Toyo Tire Rod.And now I have a chance to own one.

Depending on how far you want to go, there are a lot of "other brands", parts that can be "cross bred" with that Studebaker. Like some of the others said, panel fabrication should be fairly easy, because of how flat (or slightly curved) most of the parts are.

However, if you want to go back to (mostly) original....Studebakers are a pain in the butt. Parts are available, but you have to do some digging. I finally found the front grill piece for my 40...after almost 3 years of searching. 30 inches of chrome and it cost $275.

Personally we need more Studebakers on here...but that's just one mans opinion (who happens to like Studebakers)

31 pics

Here's some picsof this 31 STUDE.

Attachments

• 31-2.jpg
    31-2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 31-3.JPG
    31-3.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 39
What's the story with doors? Are they rotting off or just unbolted.

Looks pretty rough but usable for a rat. How much are they asking?

I would get it,doesnt look bad at all from the pics. A few patches along the bottom edges are easily made and done.The upper stuff is the tricky part but it looks all there and decent from the pics anyways.

I was talking about both of mine. At least yours is drivable.

I figured you were refering to yours, but.....ahhhh, mines not drivable right now either. I started ripping it apart to put the T/A motor, trans and rear end in mine....and besides...I thought hotrods (or rat rods) were never done:confused:

Latest posts

Back