32 Roadster vs Bicycle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DA34GUY

Just got this from a buddy in San Diego-
He was out on a little putt on Saturday and came across a group of bicyclist comin down a hill ( he was goin up).
1 of 'em got a little carried away and lost control.
Buddy was only goin about 20 mph
The rider was ok and the Deuce will B fixed this week.
DAMN BIKERS !!!:eek::eek:

Attachments

• Chick's Roadster (Accident).jpg
    Chick's Roadster (Accident).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 102
Those bicyclists are about as smart as the deer around here! Tough break for you friend though.

That's some pretty extensive damage for a bicycle! By okay, did you mean he was still alive?LOL. Glad the guys ok, but man I would be ****ed.

A portion of the email from my buddy who owns the roadster.

We went from Encinitas, Rancho
Santa Fe, Elfin Forest, Harmony Grove, Escondido, Valley Center, Fallbrook,
De Luz, Temecula and Rainbow. The rest of the party went on to the starting
point in Encinitas, but my trip was halted when a bicyclist coming downhill
too fast lost control coming into a tight turn, crossed the centerline and
he ended up in the grill and radiator of my roadster. Luckily I was barely
moving since I was stuck behind another bicyclist who was in my lane and
going very slowly uphill. Fortunately the young man hit my car in the first
place, because had he not, he'd have gone down a sheer twenty foot
embankment to a rock and boulder-strewn gully. Also he was fortunate to
have hit the softest part of my car, and hit it primarily with his shoulder
and not his head. He was unhurt except for bruising and some road rash, but
there were no broken bones. When the paramedics responded to my 911 call,
he checked out OK but refused to go to a hospital for further examination
and was signed out "against medical advice". I spoke to him this evening, a
day later, and he's sore but realizes how lucky he was.
All in all it was another great day in paradise. The car will be fixed real
soon, the bicyclist is OK, and there's another great road trip story to
tell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to have to stand up for they cyclist... sorta. If he had the skills to be on that road then he shouldn't have come across the line unless it was a freak blow out or something as serious.

I cycle and restore bikes and relate to the liberals with a death wish. i have been hit twice and neither time did the driver stop. my belief is that it is the responsibility of both parties to be responsible. Its the law in most states that we have to share the road but i learned in preschool that this doesn't always work.

glad to hear the car is getting fixed and the guy on the bike was okay. could have been much worse

Really?

I ride bikes too but if some moron did that to my car he would have some additional injuries to deal with! :eek:

ISore

I had a run in with a bike riding idiot this past sunday. Me and my wife were coming home from cades cove and was behind a pick up, he went around the bike rider and I was going to go around him too ( as he was moving along in the middle of the road at about 15 mph) about that time he decides to go across the road with out looking and flips me off. I hit the brakes and told him to look out and tell him to come to me if there is a problem. Its not my problem if he dont know how to drive. I hear all the time that they have the same rules and rights that car/trucks do. Lets see, no license, no registration, no brake lights, no head/tail lights, no speedometer, no mirrors, going WAY under the speed limit. Let a car on the road like that and you would be pulled over in a sec. I dont have any thing aganst bike riders but a lot of the have a "I own the road" attitude and expect every one to bow down to them.
Ok rant over.
Tim

Latest posts

Back