'34 Opel Six

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are one creative builder, Cookie. I like small cars anyway and yours is very unique. Also enjoy the fact you are not pouring lots of money into it.

Is is possible fiberglass Anglia rear fenders might come close to fitting? Easy to modify.

Very KOOL !![cl Since you have front fenders, I think it would look great with rears too - how about Volkswagen Beetle rear fenders, they might be close enough to modify to fit ??
Either way, keep the pics coming ![P

do you have another set of front fenders? if so you could try and make them fit on the back would require some metal fab work though

Not spending a lot of money is the intention when youre building a Rat if you ask me ;)
And with the fenders,I'm keeping both options open but I like the way she is looks now [dr
Thanks for thinking with me,it brings ideas :D
I want the car to be all steel so fiberglass is not an option,it will not rust;)
A various of cars has crosed my mind but first I try to find original ones.
Today I am meeting a guy who might know where to find some.

Finnished up one side of the roof today.

Attachments

• dirtysix049.jpg
    dirtysix049.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 49
  • dirtysix050.jpg
    dirtysix050.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 49
  • dirtysix053.jpg
    dirtysix053.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 51
  • dirtysix051.jpg
    dirtysix051.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 48
  • dirtysix052.jpg
    dirtysix052.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 49
I love fenderless hot rods but with that cowl and rear hump on the body it looks alot better with the fenders. The car is looking good. I was a little shocked at it when I seen it on the frame the first time but you have it figured out and in the right direction now. Lookin' good!
If you ditched the leaf springs and went with coils you could take that trunk all the way off and roll the bottom back into it self. Kind of like a Model A. I cut the whole back out of a 34 Dodge because I didn't like the jump ramp looking rear end and rolled it in at the bottom. A little scary but if you are cutting the car in two and chopping the roof off I can see you are not scraed to cut one up.:D
Keep up the great work.

Mostly when I look at things I get ideas how to modify them,but with the truck I don't have that.
I think I will leave it alone until I finished the rest of the body maybe it turns out nice,if not I cat always chance it.

quick queation,what does cowl mean? (my englisch is not that good)

Mostly when I look at things I get ideas how to modify them,but with the truck I don't have that.
I think I will leave it alone until I finished the rest of the body maybe it turns out nice,if not I cat always chance it.

quick queation,what does cowl mean? (my englisch is not that good)
Sorry. I have been talking on one of your guys forums and I don't catch it all either. Our sling is funny to try to figure out isn't it. Cowl is under the hood, vertical sheet metal that the engine sits in front of. Front part of the main body.

So you see,your never to old to learn,now I now what a cowl is:D
The suspension is called a dubonnet suspension.

I hope my enlisch is good enough so you will understand.
Today I was looking at the trunk and realized that I don't have the skills or the tools to make ik work when I would cut it out.:confused:
But still I thought the humb was to big and then came the idea to make it smaller,so I took the grinder and cut 3 inch out and this is how it looks now.
Let me know what you think.

Before

dirtysix-068.jpg

After

dirtysix-069.jpg

dirtysix-072.jpg

dirtysix-071.jpg

and I did some work on the window frame on the other side.

dirtysix-070.jpg

Last edited:
Made a little progress today.
Welded up the trunk on one side

dirtysix-073.jpg

dirtysix-075.jpg

and started on the other side

dirtysix-074.jpg

This is one cool car!
If you have the skills to chop the top on this thing and make it look as clean as you already have, you definatly have the skills to loose that trunk.
I like the 3 inches removed! Do you have a trunk lid for it? If so, can you lay it on there so we can see its shape?

If you dont, i would cut all around the area of the trunk wall that flattens out, looks like just in the middle between the back glass and trunk lip, and use that line all the way around. Cut that metal out and re sheet with some sheet metal.
The only thing is the rear fenders. I think you should try and find some fenders that you can make work before you decide if your going to keep the trunk or not.
Never know, whatever fenders you put on there might make it look pretty good with the smaller trunk!

Thats just my 2 cents though. Its still your car so you gotta do what makes you happy.

BTW, the photos on the first few pages arnt working and im dying to see this "weird suspention" everyone keeps talking about :)
Can you post a couple new ones?! Thanks

It's been a while since my last update I have been been busy with my other hobby,drifting.
But here is the progress I made last week.

I puzzled the rear side window back together
dirtysix082.jpg

And started to reconstruct the floor
dirtysix081.jpg

dirtysix080.jpg

dirtysix079.jpg

Latest posts

Back